000721Position Classification Title:
Administrative Support AssociateFunctional Title:
Mail Clerk IPosition Type:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Business Center is located in Moran Commons, Room 106 and is comprised of Spartan Mail, and the SpartanCard Center.
- Spartan Mail is a US Postal Service Contract Postal Unit, providing retail postage options in addition to efficient processing and distribution of student, faculty, staff, departmental, bulk, and international mail to/through most courier companies.
- The SpartanCard Center provides an interactive campus ID Card that connects students to services utilizing a variety of technologies and allows both financial and access transactions. The SpartanCard can provide students, faculty, and staff a multitude of services ranging from serving as the official ID card of UNCG, checking out a library book, grabbing breakfast at the Dining Hall, and providing card access to restricted buildings. The SpartanCard Center is additionally responsible for managing and maintaining the Transact system, which provides campus with contactless, credential-based access and integrated payment options.
This position will be primarily responsible for:
- Receiving, sorting, and assigning incoming mail and packages from the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, and other couriers
- Collecting outgoing mail and packages for mail service/courier pick-up
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.Additional Required Certifications, Licensures, and Certificates:
Valid, Unrestricted Driver’s LicensePreferred Qualifications:
- Experience with and understanding of current tablet and/or handheld technology
- Strong ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly in an audience-appropriate manner
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
$31,200 - $33,099Org #-Department:
Postal Services - 57603Work Hours of Position:
8am - 5pm, M-FNumber of Months per Year:
Administrative & ManagerialCareer Banded Title:
Administrative Support AssociateOpen Date:
Non-ExemptSalary Grade Equivalency:
Daily Mail/Package Handling, Assignment, & DeliveryEssential Tasks:
- Receive and sort all incoming mail and packages to be assigned and/or delivered to the correct customer
- Process mail daily that needs to be returned or forwarded
- Capture legible signatures for all student parcel pick-ups
- Adhere to safe loading, unloading and driving habits at all times
- Works collaboratively with teammates assuring work is completed in order to meet customer needs and service requirements
- Maintain cleanliness of mail delivery vehicles and work area
Customer ServiceEssential Tasks:
- Demonstrates the Campus Enterprises commitment to customer service at all times
- Help customers resolve issues related to postal services, using active listening to assess their needs
Non-Daily Postal OperationsEssential Tasks:
- Assist Lead Mail Clerk with any necessary review of package shelving seeking mail with expired dates or items that need to be forwarded.
- Coordinate with other staff to allow weekly mail room audit for items that may have been mishandled during the assignment process or not removed properly from the delivery process.
- Collaborate with Lead Mail Clerk and Departmental Mail Clerk (and/or others, as needed) to ensure standard operations continue during changes in staff schedules due to illness or vacation
Communication - VerbalCompetency Description:
- Communicates routine and general information to staff, clients, and/or public about standard services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Screens and directs clients /visitors to appropriate source.
Communication - WrittenCompetency Description:
- Gathers readily available information from office records to draft e-mails, memos and other documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
- Provides answers to requests for general information in written format.
Office TechnologyCompetency Description:
- Uses a variety of office equipment information systems (e.g. telephone, computer with standard software, fax, copier, etc.) to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Operates and performs tasks to maintain equipment with a general understanding of its capabilities.
Work CoordinationCompetency Description:
- Coordinates tasks and establishes priorities in response to work flow of the office or work unit.
Problem SolvingCompetency Description:
- Identifies and recognizes problems that have established precedents and limited impact.
- Refers non-standard questions and problems to higher levels.
Knowledge - ProgramCompetency Description:
- Understands general operation of functional unit, to include knowledge of staff and program responsibilities.
- Applies knowledge or reference material necessary to provide answers to “frequently asked questions”.
- Uses general knowledge of program procedures, methods and practices to refer clients to resources.
Information/Records AdministrationCompetency Description:
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures.
- Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines.
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions - F, Hand Movement-Grasping - F, Holding - F, Finger Dexterity - F, Reading - F, Writing - F, Vision-Visual inspection - F, Hearing - F, Talking - F, Standing - C, Walking - F, Lifting-0-30 lbs. - F, Lifting-30-60 lbs. - O, Lifting-60-90 lbs. - R, Lifting-90 plus lbs. - R, Pushing/Pulling - F, Climbing-Stairs - O, Bending - F, Squatting - F, Reaching - F, Vision-Skilled Trades - F, Eye-hand coordination - F, Vision-Color Distinction - F, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures - F, Vision-Measuring/Assembling at distance close to eye - F, Sitting - OWork Environment:
Driving - Car/Truck - O, Inside - C, Outside - O, Overtime - R, Ventilation ConditionsDust - O