998308Position Classification Title:
Administrative Support AssociateFunctional Title:
Administrative Support AssociatePosition Type:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
Direct involvement with the faculty, an important activity for the Provost, includes consultation with faculty, provisions for faculty development, and support for faculty participation in University affairs. A component of this interaction is providing administrative support of faculty governance through the Faculty Senate Office. The General Faculty is the overall governing body of the faculty. Its legislative powers are exercised by the voting members of the Faculty Senate, who are elected by their General Faculty colleagues in the academic units. The membership also includes non-voting members representing the administration and the graduate and undergraduate student governments. The Chair of the Faculty Senate, elected by the Senate from its members, presides at the Senate and at the business sessions of the General Faculty meetings.Position Summary:
**Re-Post, Previous Applicants Need Not Re-Apply, Still Under ConsiderationMinimum Qualifications:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support assistance to Faculty Senate officers in carrying out their responsibilities in order to ensure the annual seamless transition between Faculty Senate leadership.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.Preferred Qualifications:
Associate’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions. One-two years relevant work experience, preferably in a higher education/university setting.Alternate Option:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
$15,600 - $18,088Org #-Department:
Office of the Provost - 10101Work Hours of Position:
20 hours per week, flexible hours based on need between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-FNumber of Months per Year:
Administrative & ManagerialCareer Banded Title:
Administrative Support AssociateOpen Date:
Non-ExemptSalary Grade Equivalency:
Serves as the primary resource for scheduling for Faculty Senate and General Faculty events, including meetings/forums and creating calendar requests.Essential Tasks:
- Working with Outlook/Microsoft 365 to set up, invite, and remind attendees; scheduling meetings including virtual formats; creating scheduling polls; arranging catering for meetings; serving as an administrator in virtual Microsoft Teams meetings; reserving meeting locations; reserving travel transportation; attending faculty senate meetings.
Communication and composition of correspondences, organizing and sending out agendas and minutes for Faculty Senate leadershipEssential Tasks:
- Help support communication between Faculty Senate leadership and the wider faculty through checking and responding or coordinating a response to faculty senate emails, and coordinating with senate leadership regarding meeting deadlines, etc.; collaborate with senate chair to prepare and send out meeting agendas; communicating with meeting attendees via email, text, phone, chat, etc.
Maintains current and up-to-date roster of senators and senate committeesEssential Tasks:
- Facilitating senator and senate committee rosters; communicating with election officers regarding elections and deadlines; collaborating with election officers regarding needed updates and refinements to rosters
Coordinates and provides oversight of Faculty Senate budget, banner forms, including transportation and travel, coordination of all files, technology, office and digital spaces.Essential Tasks:
- Facilitate processing and payment of invoices; oversee completion of appropriate paperwork as needed; oversee reimbursement of expenses. Manage Faculty Senate office space; oversee Faculty Senate files and other equipment.
Other duties as assignedEssential Tasks:
- Take initiative when problems arise that need innovative solutions; assist and support senate leadership in identifying and solving problems.
Communication - VerbalCompetency Description:
- Responds to questions/issues that deviate from standard operating procedures by determining and consulting appropriate resources such as policies, manuals, or other staff.
- Responds to requests for program and procedural information.
- Contact service recipients, vendors, or clients to provide or obtain information.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments, meetings, and events.
Communication - WrittenCompetency Description:
- Composes written communication with guidance using standard formats.
- Composes correspondence involving program or operational procedures independently from general instructions or brief summaries.
Office TechnologyCompetency Description:
- Selects, understands and fully applies features of a variety of software programs, machines or office equipment that will produce the desired results.
Work CoordinationCompetency Description:
- Plans and facilitates the support activities of an office or work unit; coordinates with others to complete tasks. May serve as an office coordinator for a work unit.
Problem SolvingCompetency Description:
- Assesses and may resolve unprecedented problems that require research and review of policy and procedures.
- Applies judgment for problem resolutions based on delegated authority from supervisor.
Knowledge - ProgramCompetency Description:
- Understands programs and services to apply this knowledge in problem-solving and responding to most questions and inquiries. U
- ses program knowledge to interface with other offices and organizations.
Information/Records AdministrationCompetency Description:
Records, compiles, and summarizes data using an established format. Compiles and organizes information from different sources to develop reports and dataCompetency Level:
- Acquire and apply knowledge of policies, procedures, and campus resources in order to complete budget forms.
- Monitors and reconciles departmental or program budgets and tracks travel and office expenditures.
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions - o, Finger Dexterity - F, Reading - F, Writing - F, Sitting - F, Lifting-0-30 lbs. - R, Climbing-Stairs - OWork Environment:
Inside - F, Outside - O