Innovation Program Manager (6299U), SkyDeck - 59358
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan
At UC Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in professional development activities. To find out more about how you can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit grow.berkeley.edu
Berkeley SkyDeck is the top global accelerator for the world's leading startups, connecting them to exceptional talent, world-class resources, and the powerful faculty and alumni network of UC Berkeley. SkyDeck is open to all affiliates of UC Berkeley, all UC campuses, and the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. Global founders without previous affiliation to UC Berkeley can apply as a Global Founder. If accepted, their startups qualify for participation in Berkeley SkyDeck. We're located in the penthouse of the tallest building in Downtown Berkeley, which offers spectacular views of Berkeley's campus, as well as the San Francisco Bay. We have a large and active network of advisors and accredited investors.Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 9, 2023Responsibilities
- Develops and implements programs and events for SkyDeck's startup founders including countless workshops, networking events and office hours.
- Ensures that startup founders are informed of all workshops and events and acts as a liaison to answer any founders' questions.
- Recruits and manages relationships with external constituents (advisors/mentors) to help coach and advise startups through meet and greets and pitch coaching.
- Facilitates warm introductions between advisors/mentors and startup founders.
- Understands startups' challenges and concerns and works to address them leveraging the resources and network for SkyDeck.
- Manages feedback from founders and advisors to evolve the programming and evolve the strategic plans of the program as well as the programming itself.
- Advises founders on startup challenges.
- Leverages own experience to help founders understand the options for navigating various startup challenges.
- Manages Innovation Partner accounts and helps address the questions and concerns of paid partners, ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- Thorough knowledge of startup culture, trends across tech industries and jargon used by tech entrepreneurs in order to maintain effective relationships with international startups and international organizations.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications. The individual will be required to speak in front of large audiences and present on various topics to startup founders and international partners.
- Strong critical thinking skills is key to the program manager being able to determine the key challenges startups face and identifying the best course of action to resolve such challenges.
- Given the high volume of startups working in vastly different industries, the person should be a quick learner and have the ability to understand complex issues quickly so they act as good advisors and help facilitate the right connections.
- Skills in project management, including event planning and meeting deadlines is essential.
- Ability to manage a high volume of communications and events and work under time pressure.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
Salary & Benefits
- Thorough knowledge of and/or ability to learn UC Berkeley's mission and ethos. As one of the core missions of SkyDeck is to give back to the UC Berkeley ecosystem, the individual should be familiar with and/or have the ability to learn about the institutions and share the value of giving back to students and the community.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University, please visit the University of California's Compensation & Benefits
Under California law, the University of California, Berkeley is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary outside of the range posted in this job announcement. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, analysis of internal equity, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience.
The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is $64,400.00 - $112,800.00.
How to Apply
- This is a 6-month, 100% full-time (40 hours per week), contract position that is eligible for UC benefits with the possibility of extension.
- This position is exempt and paid monthly.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant, please see the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, please see the University of California Discrimination, Harassment, and Affirmative Action in the Workplace
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=59358&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency