Dean of Faculty and Academic Affairs (Reg FT)
Dean of Faculty and Academic Affairs (Reg FT)Department:
: College WideAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 4, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Benefits:
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.Remote Work Option:
Fully In-PersonSalary Grade:
Admin 20 - $96,904Job Category:
Regular Full-TimeJob Slot:
6038Job Open Date:
7/21/2023Job Close Date: General Summary:
Reporting directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and serves as a strategic leader in the Academic division. The Dean of Faculty and Academic Affairs works closely with the Deans of Humanities, Mathematics & Social Sciences, Business & Technology, Nursing, Allied Health & Sciences and the Endowed Professors. The Dean of Faculty works closely with the Provost on the daily operations and planning activities within the academic departments and faculty development. This position supports the Provost's vision and provides leadership in educational policy, instructional planning, program review, academic personnel actions, faculty development and resource planning and allocation. Requirements:
An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is required. Qualifications appropriate for a tenured appointment in an academic department of the College are strongly desired. Proven record of supporting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion work in an educational setting. A minimum of 5 years full-time teaching experience required. A minimum of three years of academic, administrative and leadership experience serving a diverse student population, preferably in a multi-campus two-year college, and experience working in a collective bargaining environment. Experience in instructional design and technology and online instruction. Demonstrated evidence and commitment to working collaboratively with faculty and academic staff. Demonstrated evidence of working effectively and in collaboration with external stakeholders and forming relationships and partnerships. Excellent oral and written communication skills.Duties:
1. Support the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs of the college
2. Oversee sponsored research, library systems, adjunct services, and the virtual campus
3. Oversee planning, development and execution of faculty grants
4. Works closely with the Endowed Professor for Teaching and Learning on the pedagogical content of courses in order to help cultivate a culture of growth and continuous improvement.
5. Work closely with the Endowed Professor for Teaching and Learning to review and discuss methods for the integration of instructional strategies and curricular development utilizing data and standards.
6. Work closely with the Endowed Professor for Teaching and Learning to plan and develop a comprehensive orientation for new faculty and provide continuous training and professional development for faculty.
7. Supervise, monitor and create faculty improvement plans.
8. Work in collaboration with the Provost, Academic Deans and administration to plan All College Day events, activities and meetings.
9. Work in collaboration with the Provost and Academic Deans to facilitate faculty and academic staff recruitment, onboarding, and retention strategies.
10. Work in collaboration with the Chief Diversity Officer and Vice President for Human Resources to plan and implement Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies and initiatives to strengthen faculty recruitment.
11. Work in collaboration with the Academic Planning Sub-Committee and College Council to establish faculty priorities, plans and recommendations for new faculty positions, recruitment activities and retention strategies.
12. Serve as a new faculty mentor in conjunction with department heads and Deans.
13. Plan and develop strategic goals to support innovation, quality, and continuous improvement with faculty.
14. Actively participating in community/regional activities, and state and national organizations
15. Perform other duties as required or assigned.Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1353
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency