Assistant or Associate Professor of Graphic Design & Visual Communication
Champlain College seeks a dynamic and experienced educator for a full-time Assistant or Associate Professor position in our NASAD- accredited BFA program in Graphic Design & Visual Communication. We particularly value candidates who through their work and life experiences, service to the community, and teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity, and academic excellence of the College and provide opportunities for students of all backgrounds to flourish in the field. The position is to begin Fall 2024. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach a variety of introductory through advanced-level design courses. Assigned classes will include foundational design and typography. Other possible courses may be in the areas of interactive and web design, systems design, packaging/environmental design, illustration, motion design, and design history/theory. The typical teaching load is 3-4 courses per semester.
- Teach students to design with diversity and inclusion in mind. This includes focusing on design bias, cultural sensitivity and identity research.
- Incorporate a wide range of diverse design examples and case studies into teaching materials to expose students to different cultural perspectives and design aesthetics.
- Help foster and further develop industry relationships locally and nationally.
- Engage and collaborate with diverse external partners and communities.
- Participate in programmatic, divisional, and college-wide service.
- Engage in cross-disciplinary collaborations across the college and actively engage in the ongoing work of creating a culture of diversity, equity, integrity, and mutual respect for all.
- Assess student work and participate in entrance portfolio review.
- Collaborate with faculty in the development of a program and curriculum that embraces inclusive course design principles.
- Mentor and advise design students.
Because the College is entrepreneurial, the design program quickly responds to changes in the field. Consequently, the College particularly values industry experience in its faculty.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Learn more about us by visiting these links:
- A BFA in Graphic Design is preferred and an MFA in a related discipline is required.
- The successful candidate will approach design broadly and interdisciplinarily, have expertise in both critical and theoretical aspects of communication design, and demonstrate an awareness of how the discipline is evolving.
- A record of effective college teaching and student mentoring/advising is required.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and cover letter specifically addressing the desired qualifications, as well as a separate statement describing your experience and vision for mentoring underrepresented students. Further describe how you would contribute to Champlain's diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:https://www.champlain.edu/privacy/eu-employee-data-protection-notice
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=167937&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency