Student Services Technician
San Diego Community College District
San Diego City College
Applications are currently being accepted for Student Services Technician in the Basic Needs Center, located at San Diego City College. Hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department's needs. This position is funded by restricted funding in connection to Basic Needs efforts at San Diego City College. Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
- Experience working with CalFresh enrollment and outreach
- Experience providing technical assistance to students through program enrollment and follow-up services.
- Experience assisting with budget monitoring and projection
- Experience interpreting and applying policies and procedures within a higher education setting.
- Assisting students as they enter and progress toward completion of their educational goals.
- Perform complex and technical duties and make independent decisions involving the evaluation of student records and transcripts for completion of prerequisites leading to admissions into different special school programs.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the special admissions process into a special school program. Provide technical assistance regarding academic curriculum and academic progress to students and counselors. Evaluate program requirements and prerequisites via academic transcripts.
Skills and Abilities to:
- CalFresh student eligibility criteria
- Understanding of equity-minded student success practices
- Background in supporting basic needs efforts from a strength-based approach
- Understanding of supporting students’ lived experiences by emphasizing the intersection of social identities to validate their multiple identities and roles
- Demonstrated ability in working with, training, and directing student staff.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including conducting presentations.
- Effectively use technology (i.e., PeopleSoft, Microsoft Exchange, etc.) within a college setting.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with Students, Classified Staff, Faculty, and Administrators.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Range 23 ($4,104.63- $6,551.93) per month based on the current Classified salary schedule. New employees will begin on Step A ($4,104.63), Step B ($4,309.87) with 18 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience or up to Step C ($4,525.36) with 36 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience. For purposes of salary placement, 7.5 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of directly related coursework from a regularly accredited institution will be equivalent to one (1) year of job experience. Step C is the maximum step placement for a new hire, and this is non-negotiable at this time. Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the CBA. This position is FLSA Non-exempt (may accrue overtime). Excellent Benefits are provided to all Contract employees with assignments greater than, or equal to, 50% (0.50 FTE) and all eligible dependents. A temporary probationary period will apply to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements/handbooks and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency