English Language Learning Adjunct Instructor
Fox Valley Technical College
Adjunct FacultyFVTC Worksite
Appleton Main Campus, Oshkosh Riverside CampusHours Per Week
8.75Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.Job Description Summary
Fox Valley Technical College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to teach English Language Learning (ELL). FVTC adjunct faculty are dynamic partners for both students and the College. An adjunct instructor works with students beyond the classroom to ensure their success, models FVTC core values, and demonstrates commitment to excellence in program/course content and delivery. An adjunct instructor can work effectively in a collaborative environment; is willing to innovate and change to meet evolving program and industry needs; and demonstrates competency with use of technology that supports learning and teaching. Generally, an adjunct instructor will be hired to instruct specific open classes based upon the adjunct instructor's qualifications and availability.Job DescriptionESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare, and deliver Face-to-Face, Virtual, Online, and Hybrid instruction to students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or contract training programs in the area of ELL. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course and program level in areas of ELL.
- Maintain Classroom Curriculum. Develop and maintain the ELL classroom curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, and consistent with employer expectations.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Business/Industry/Community Linkages. Develop and deliver customized ELL training for various clients as needed. Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- Professional Development. Participate in professional development activities that provide for continually updated knowledge and skills for the role of the adjunct instructor as directed by FVTC.
ESSENTIAL APTITUDES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Master's degree in English as a Second Language, Applied Linguistics, or English or Education with at least 18 credits in any of the areas above.
- Previous ELL teaching experience and curriculum development experience in both synchronous and asynchronous environments are desirable.
- Experience in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as online in a synchronous and asynchronous modality is preferred.
- Familiarity with computer applications, particularly Collaborate, Blackboard, Microsoft Office, Teams, OERs, and other programs that promote student success is preferred. Knowledge of a foreign language is highly desirable.
- Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below outline general expectations of Adjunct Faculty. Each academic program will have specific content area expertise requirements that will be developed at the time of hiring, based on the department's needs.
- Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
- Skilled in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
- Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
- Skilled in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Ability to effectively interact with business and industry to establish partnerships and address needs.
Hourly pay rate: $45.00 per hour.
Pay is based on a multitude of factors, including experience, qualifications, education, relevant certifications, internal equity, and market data.
Thank you for your interest in Adjunct Faculty opportunities with Fox Valley Technical College. Upon successful submission of your application, cover letter, and resume, you will be considered for future adjunct faculty opportunities. FVTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises. ONLY if the need shall arise, you will be contacted via the contact information provided on your application, otherwise you will not receive any further contact from FVTC.
Adjunct instructors are hired on a per course basis. The total hours for an adjunct instructor range from approximately 3 hours per week to no more than 8 hours per week. Hours vary and can include both day, evening, and weekend classes. Courses are taught in traditional classroom and alternative delivery formats.
If you should have any questions regarding adjunct teaching opportunities for this position, please contact Karie Mindock at email@example.com
FVTC strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. FVTC does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, weight or any other protected class.
To apply, please visit: https://fvtc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FVTC/job/Appleton-WI/English-Language-Learning-Adjunct-Instructor_JR2023-638
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency