Athletics Assistant Maintenance Manager - PT Temporary Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Since our founding in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) has been dedicated to providing an exceptional educational experience to our students. At GGC, we believe that our students' success is our success, and we are committed to creating a culture that supports and uplifts them throughout their academic journey.
As a member of our faculty or staff, you will become part of a dedicated and passionate community of educators and professionals. Together, we work towards a common goal of empowering our students to achieve their full potential, both academically and personally. We take pride in our diverse student body, which represents a multitude of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Whether you are involved in teaching or providing essential services, your contribution will make a significant impact on the lives of our students and the broader community.
In addition to our commitment to student success, we also value the well-being and professional growth of our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, designed to support the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. From competitive compensation to health and wellness programs, professional development opportunities to work-life balance initiatives, we strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive and feel valued.
Located in the thriving community of Gwinnett County, GGC offers a rich cultural and social landscape that enhances the overall college experience. Our backdrop is a beautiful, modern 260-acre campus located just 30 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta. Our students and employees benefit from the close proximity to various local amenities, including shopping, dining, entertainment, and outdoor recreational opportunities. This vibrant community serves as an extension of our campus, providing a diverse and stimulating environment for personal and professional growth.
Join GGC and become part of a dynamic team that plays a pivotal role in shaping the lives and celebrating the achievements of our students. Together, let's make a positive impact and empower the next generation of leaders.
Responsible for assisting with general athletics maintenance and game day set-up.
- Responsible for assisting with gameday set up for men's and women's soccer, men's and women's tennis, and baseball
- Assist with general maintenance as needed at all athletics facilities
- Assist with outside maintenance as needed and assist with any general complex improvements
- Works in conjunction with the Assistant Athletics Director-Facilities to ensure baseball playing field is in excellent condition
- Responsible for upkeep of dugouts and restrooms at baseball facility
- 2 Year / Associate Degree
- 2 or more years of experience related to duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Prior experience in an NAIA or NCAA level setting
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- General knowledge of intercollegiate athletics baseball, softball, and soccer facilities at NAIA or NCAA level
- Ability to manage many projects at once, work independently or with a committee and strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to apply good judgment, discretion and initiative and prioritize assignments with conflicting deadlines in performing duties
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to work well with all employees in Office of Athletics
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Conditions of Employment
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC). Eligibility of employment is determined by GGC in its sole discretion, and includes but is not limited to confirmation of credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials; and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are subject to the applicable federal laws, state laws, statutes, rules and regulations of this institution, and to the bylaws and policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. GGC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy or childbirth), veteran status or military status, genetic information, or disability in employment or admission or access to its programs and activities, as required by Title IX. Inquiries including anyone who feels they have been discriminated against should contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX compliance and direct concerns to the GGC Title IX Coordinator, Building B, Suite 3700, firstname.lastname@example.org or (678) 407-5085.
For individuals requiring disability-related accommodations for participation in any event including the application, interview process, or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact HR Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5054 or email email@example.com.
- Position of Trust + Education
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Georgia is an open records state.