PT Math/Reading Teacher - Grizzly Academy Dreamers Program - LT Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The School of Education at GGC is seeking individuals to support the math and reading academic components of the 21CCLC Grizzly Academy Dreamers Program. As a representative of the Grizzly Academy Dreamers Program, those in this position will be working with 3rd- 5th grade students for remediation and previewing in math and or reading.
- Administer instruction in math and or reading to assigned students in the Grizzly Academy Dreamers Program by leveraging high impact practices
- Plan and prepare instructional supports aligned to the Gwinnett County AKS and based on student data and submit lesson plans
- Monitor student success and achievement and report/share results with Program Director, site coordinator, student, parents, and other local school personnel
- Coach and provide support to students throughout sessions while leveraging the inclusion of teacher aides in the classroom
- Participate in meetings with staff to debrief and discuss student progress and strategies to implement high impact practices
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field
- GaPSC certification in elementary education, mathematics and or English language arts
- Interest in and or previous experience in working with elementary age students as a teacher or tutor in math and/or reading.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential student information.
- Ability to be highly organized, attentive to details, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication skills.
Conditions of Employment
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC). Eligibility of employment is determined by GGC in its sole discretion, and includes but is not limited to confirmation of credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials; and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are subject to the applicable federal laws, state laws, statutes, rules and regulations of this institution, and to the bylaws and policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. GGC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy or childbirth), veteran status or military status, genetic information, or disability in employment or admission or access to its programs and activities, as required by Title IX. Inquiries including anyone who feels they have been discriminated against should contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX compliance and direct concerns to the GGC Title IX Coordinator, Building B, Suite 3700, email@example.com or (678) 407-5085.
For individuals requiring disability-related accommodations for participation in any event including the application, interview process, or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact HR Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Position of Trust + Education