External Applicants: Please upload your resume on the Apply screen. Your application will automatically populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on the My Information page.
Please add your cover letter and any other documents required for the position to the Resume/CV document upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page. Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including your cover letter and supporting documents. The My Experience page is the only opportunity to add your cover letter and supporting document attachments. You will not be able to modify your application after you submit it.
Current Employees: Apply from your existing Workday account. Do not apply from the website. Log in to Workday. Click on the Jobs Hub and select Browse Jobs. Locate the position and click Apply. Update your Education and Job History.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for analyzing, configuring, maintaining, and training for systems and applications within the Finance & Administration Division. Position partners with supported units to analyze business and user needs, document requirements, design and implement application features, and define best practice business processes. Position acts as a liaison between Information Systems and supported units, including Payroll.Job Description
- Configures and administers supported applications to meet internal functional and campus requirements. Analyzes and documents new and existing business processes and report needs, to determine scope of modifications, creates effective design specifications, and participates in the development and testing/evaluation of system configuration design, integration, and reporting work deliverables. efforts.
- Provides project management expertise for supported units for system implementations and business process enhancements. Develops detailed plans, ensures targets are being met and communicates with customers on a routine basis. Maintains a continuous Workday-related improvement roadmap that is scheduled and executed.
- Manages the interfaces between applications to ensure that data is flowing efficiently and correctly between the systems. Performs data clean-up activities when data becomes out of sync.
- Evaluates system impact as a result of available upgrades, including patches/fixes, and business change requests. Performs testing in collaboration with users, Information Systems, and third parties for supported application upgrades and any business process enhancements.
- Leads the investigation and resolution of application issues encountered by users. Logs support incidents to software vendor and coordinates timely problem resolution with user and/or Information Systems staff as needed. Acts as a Workday Named Support Contact.
- Collaborates both internally and externally regarding Workday including trends, common issues and possible processes changes to address existing pain points or functionality gaps.
- Develops user documentation and trains both internal and campus users on supported applications for both the initial rollout and new features and enhancements implemented during upgrades. Provides advanced end user system support and troubleshooting.
- Develops, maintains and reviews application security access for departmental and campus users to ensure internal controls are maintained systematically and data is protected from unauthorized access.
- Meets regularly with HRIS to ensure that a strong cross-functional relationship exists with this important partner.
- Maintains all campus Chromebase time clocks and troubleshoots device connectivity when necessary.
- Participates in all appropriate governance groups, including the Workday Communities of Interest.
- Performs other related functions and duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business, accounting or computer science-related major and at least seven years of experience implementing and/or maintaining ERP systems and related applications or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Knowledge of project management methodology and practices. Experience working in a payroll, HRIS, finance or accounting function is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Workday Payroll, Time Tracking, HCM and Finance (including configuration knowledge, report development, calculated fields).
- Knowledge of other payroll applications, including ADP and Thomson Reuters International Tax Navigator.
- Knowledge of all relevant pay practices, employment and federal and state tax laws, regulations and operating guidelines. Ability to keep current on trends within payroll and time-tracking processing, evolving compliance regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of reporting applications (preferably Workday Report Writer and Prism, PowerBI and Cognos).
- Ability to manage the relationship and coordinate the work of external software vendors and coordinate related communications with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain the security and confidentiality of any proprietary or sensitive data in any medium regarding the university or its students, faculty, or staff.
- Familiarity with higher education administration current best practices and leading edge technologies is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Access and Visio) and Google Workspace is required.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are required; must have the interpersonal finesse to interact effectively within the organization and with external suppliers.
- Extreme organization skills, a detail orientation, and a proven ability to follow projects and issues through to completion are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, both as a participant and project leader, is required.
- Must be comfortable in an environment that places high emphasis on continual improvement, teamwork, and excellent customer service.
None.Additional Job Description
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by the employee’s supervisor.
To help provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. Wake Forest University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in employment for individuals with disabilities.Time Type Requirement
Full timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.