Post Doctoral Hourly Flight Scientist
Remote, North Dakota, United States
Part-time Staff Temporary StaffAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- $25-$34 Hourly,
- 10 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability: Yes
- Hybrid Work Availability: Yes
To work on the project entitled, Summer and Fall 2023 Saudi Arabia Field Project and Analysis. The flight scientist will help the project’s team with data processing of field project measurements.Duties & Responsibilities
Dr. David Delene in the Department of Atmospheric Science is seeking a postdoctoral level, research aircraft flight scientist to work on the project entitled, Summer and Fall 2023 Saudi Arabia Field Project and Analysis. The flight scientist will help the project’s team with data processing of field project measurements. Specific flight scientist tasks include the following.
- Modifying software for processing research aircraft data.
- Performing flight scientist duties during field project involving the North Dakota Citation Research Aircraft in Saudi Arabia.
- Work with the project’s team to produce reports and create a quality assured dataset.
The project will provide the employee with a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art research aircraft data.. Additional information about Dr. Delene's research activities is available at http://aerosol.atmos.und.edu/. The position starts on or before October 1, 2023. Hours are flexible with up to 40 hours per week available during field project travel. International field project travel is expect for at least one week per year. While not on field project travel, remote work option is available with an a flexible number of hours per week, which is expect to be approximately 10 hours per week. If you would like more information , contact David Delene via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).Required Competencies
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Ph.D. in Atmospheric Sciences.
- Three years of experience on software development related to research aircraft measurements.
- Three years of experience on in-situ, cloud micro-physical measurements.
- Successful completion of a Not Required Criminal History Background Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.To Apply
Submit Resume by closing date.