: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Sep 22, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 06341Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a premier public R1 research institution in the State University of New York (SUNY) system that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by our mission, outstanding academics, facilities, and community life - promotes extraordinary student success, research, and service; Binghamton University is where our students, faculty and staff thrive.
Working at Binghamton University is more than about having a great job - it is about having the opportunity to flourish in an exciting, engaging environment. Our faculty and staff appreciate Binghamton's collegial and inclusive culture and its commitment to excellence, education, innovation and civic engagement. Our diverse campus community contributes to our success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty, exceptional staff, and ultramodern facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000+ students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first- generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration, and community service.
We are an affirmation action/equal opportunity employer, and in keeping with this commitment, we welcome all to apply, including veterans and persons with disabilities.
Budget Title: Division 1 Senior Associate Athletic Director (SL-6)
Salary: $100,000 - $110,000
Binghamton University is a NCAA Division I institution in the America East Conference, located in Binghamton, NY with 21 intercollegiate athletic teams. Binghamton University is currently seeking a Senior Associate Athletic Director for Business Development.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Business Development is responsible for developing and leading revenue generating activities for the department of Athletics with regards to Corporate Partnership, NIL, Brand Marketing and Licensed Merchandise Sales, Ticket Sales, and Seating. Position will oversee business relationships with third party entities and lead the exploration/development of new business opportunities. The position will have oversight for the variety of local, regional, and national business partners maximizing revenue generation for Athletics among internal and external constituents. Additionally, this position will assist in the negotiation of complex contracts with third party entities and will develop detailed negotiating strategies to engage in new business opportunities.
- Business Development:
- Responsible for the identification of business and revenue opportunities for athletics
- Maximize all current revenue streams and enhance overall revenue generation
- Identify potential new clients and revenue sources, determine which to pursue, and negotiate contracts with clients
- This position will have the responsibility of all sponsorship agreements. This will include current business partners and prospective business partners.
- Position will have oversight for staff that have contact with local, regional and national sales teams. Oversight for marketing and sponsorship agreements, work to develop sales for new marketing ideas by incorporating research, category dynamics and a clear understanding of the University mission and vision.
- Areas of oversight include:
- Licensing and multimedia sponsorship management
- Publishing, audio, digital and social media
- Data analytics
- Ticketing, ticket sales and professional concessions expertise
- Campus-wide business and sponsorship development
- Oversight of the ticket sales area and generating revenue through ticket sales.
- Trademark/Licensing - have responsibility for all Trademark and Licensing aspects and will be responsible for the management of the University's Trademark and Licensing program.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and NCAA regulations are met.
- Name, Image and Likeness responsibility (NIL). Develop, educate and partner with Corporate Partners in order to ensure that Binghamton Student-Athletes are successful in this space while following all rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA, State of New York and SUNY.
- Sport Supervisor for two athletic teams.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 or more years of related and progressively responsible experience working in intercollegiate athletics or professional sports
- Demonstrated leadership, crisis management and organizational skills and experience
- Must have strong work ethic and possess ability work extended hours including evenings and weekends
- Excellent administrative and financial management skills
- Good business acumen and skill in revenue-generation
- Demonstrated brand marketing, public relations, and media experience
- Strategic vision and an ability to mobilize support behind institutional goals
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work effectively with multiple constituent groups
- Demonstrated commitment to lead a competitive intercollegiate sports program in the context of an academically rigorous environment
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, community, diversity, and gender equity- ability to work with diverse populations in a positive manner
- Ability to make decisions on immediate problems within prescribed scope of authority, based on knowledge of policies and procedures, including pertinent NCAA rules and regulations
- Ability to synthesize complex information, including legal and financial information, for presentation in clear and comprehensive manner
- Must demonstrate an appreciation for the University's mission, culture and tradition
- Working knowledge of university, state, federal, AEC and NCAA rules strongly desired
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive matters in a professional manner
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and to foster teamwork
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
All applicants must apply via Interview Exchange: https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=167829
Internal Applications by: October 6, 2023
External Applications: Open until filled.
- Cover letter and
- Contact information for three professional references.
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.