Jr. STEM Fab Lab Instructor Part-Time (non-credit) (Adjunct Faculty Pool)Requisition Number:
The Jr. STEM Fab Lab Instructor (part-time) delivers direct instruction in robotics and artificial intelligence, project-based learning, and scientific inquiry to middle and high school students in the Jr. STEM Academy’s in-school, out-of-school, and summer camps, and programs.Specific Responsibilities:
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution that provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment, and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the city’s cultural life, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry, and professions.
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.
The position is primarily located at the West Philadelphia Regional Center/CATC campus, with frequent travel to the main campus, other regional centers, and partner schools throughout the city.
- Conduct STEM lessons for middle and high school students participating in Jr. STEM Academy programs and camps, including but not limited to the Jr. STEM Academy Science Fair and Introduce a Girl to Engineering and Minority Men in Medicine competitions at main campus, regional centers, and partnering schools.
- Conduct lessons on STEM theme days, during STEM Summers camps, and weekend events, as needed, providing hands-on activities for field trips and at partnering schools.
- Provide guidance and support specific to STEM concepts and content delivery to partner schools and teachers participating in Jr. STEM Academy programs.
- Conducts lessons and monitors equipment used in full compliance with the Fab Lab Charter requirements.
- Performs duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
- Delivers quality customer service to internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful, and courteous manner.
- Strives for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in STEM topics, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and context of students and advocate for their learning and well-being.
- Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- One (1) year of experience in direct STEM instruction with K-12 students
- Degree in Education or STEM-related major.
- Experience with providing instruction in Coding, and CAD Software.
- Experience with Arduino, CNC, and Robotics.
West RegionalSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Interested persons should complete an online application.
Salary Grade or Rank:
- Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
- Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.
FacultyEmployment Status :