City Connects School Site CoordinatorJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews Marian University’s Center for Vibrant Schools is seeking professionals to implement the City Connects program within Indiana school’s in partnership with Marian University. The School Site Coordinator will promote out Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by assessing the strengths and needs of each student in the school and connects students with a tailored set of supports and resources from inside and outside the school.
This position is a 1-year, grant-funded position for the 2023-2024 school year in partnership with Indiana Non-Public Schools.
City Connects, a school-based collaboration among schools, community agencies, Marian University, & Boston College, is reinvigorating a core function of schools by implementing an innovative model of systemic student support.
Marian University seeks full-time School Site Coordinators to fill a leadership position at the school. It is preferred that the site coordinators commit to the entire term of the 2023-2024 school year with the possibility of permanent employment by the school after the term is completed. The responsibilities of the School Site Coordinators are to:
Participating City Connects Program schools are listed below:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Establish and lead a Student Support team and process in the school that identifies and responds to the strengths and personal developmental needs of each and every child in the school.
- Connect students to a range of prevention, early intervention and intensive services programs
- that address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development of each student.
- Develop and enhance community partnerships with varied community agencies to meet the
- identified needs of students, families, and the school.
- Collaborate with school staff, including classroom teachers, to implement the City Connects
- Promote the City Connects model of student support to the school community, families and
- community agencies.
- Engage families and caregivers in understanding and supporting the education of their children
- and the ways in which academic outcomes are enhanced by serving the social / emotional and
- personal development needs of the child.
- Together with community partners, arrange for the provision of services to address out of school factors as part of the ongoing school student support team
- Collect data on the implementation of the model and the delivery of services
- Aboite Christian School | Fort Wayne
- Saint Joseph Hessen Cassel | Fort Wayne
- St. Stanislaus |East Chicago
- Bishop Noll High School |Hammond
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and background:
- Master’s degree in School Counseling or Social Work (or another human services field)
- Experience working in a school environment
- Experience in case management and related strong organizational skills
- Evidence of culturally competent practices
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff, a diverse student body and families, as well as a team of professionals at both the school and the university.
- License or the ability to become licensed
- Experience and/or knowledge of K-12 education;
- Communication skills via a second language, especially Spanish
- Experience with an organization that uses data to guide practice.
- Benefit program with a variety of plans
- Competitive Salary
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P183SOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: