Job no: 494940
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for overall leadership of BlueWork, a platform which allows current students to connect to project-based learning opportunities provided by employers. The Coordinator will work to increase employer interest in posting opportunities on BlueWork and also work to establish relationships with employers who wish to hire Butler students for internships and jobs. This position is approved through May 2025 when a decision will be made to continue the program.
- Implement new strategy to build Bluework usage and diversify types of projects
- Lead engagement opportunities with employers to build usage of BlueWork
- Under direction from Associate Director of Employer Success, participate in employer development activities to increase internships and jobs for Butler students
- Lead marketing including building email campaigns, social media
- University engagement including student contractor recruitment, faculty and staff project recruitment
- Coordinating any events to attract students and employers
- Must have a strong commitment to working with diverse populations and developing relationships with employers who have a focus on diversity
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance big-picture vision and day-to-day functions
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with constituents including employers, students, faculty, and staff
- Strong listening skills
- Polished speaking ability and effective oral/written communication.
- Ability to work with project teams in a way that maintains morale and facilitates efficient progress toward agreed-upon goals.
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
Health:Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programsRetirement:10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employmentTuition Assistance:Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employmentEmployees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degreesDependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degreeCovers tuition onlyTuition Exchange Program for DependentsButler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and facultyLinkedIn Learning CoursesFree premium subscription to the Calm AppFree subscription to the WSJ and NYTDiscount at the College BookstoreDiscount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: September 22, 2023
Applications close: Open until filled