Director Center for Youth, Family and Community PartnershipsPosition Type:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
CYFCP builds the capacity of families, service providers, researchers, teachers, and communities to promote the well-being of children and youth. In partnership with colleagues from across the university and the community, the center carries out basic, applied, and action research; translates research into effective programs and practice; infuses community perspectives into university research and teaching; facilitates strategic problem-solving processes; and promotes programs, practices, and policies that yield positive outcomes for children and their families.Position Summary:
The Director of the Center for Youth, Family, and Community Partnerships (CYFCP) will report directly to the Vice Chancellor of Research and Engagement and be expected to provide the day-to-day oversight of the operations of CYFCP, which includes strategic planning for CYFCP’s agenda as well as all research, outreach, and fiscal functions. Established in 1996, the Center for Youth, Family, and Community Partnerships (CYFCP) mission is to educate, advocate, and collaborate with individuals and systems to promote the well-being of youth and families. The Center is funded primarily through a diverse portfolio of federal, state, local, and foundation grants and contracts and in FY23 garnered over $7 million in new grants. It is located within the Office of Research and Engagement, advancing the research and outreach vision and mission of the University, to build social capital, and to enhance the visibility of UNCG’s research enterprise.Minimum Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have an earned Doctorate in Social and Behavioral Sciences, Human Development, or a related field and 3 years or more of related experience
- Strong analytical skills and research training
- A proven track record of procuring and administering large grants
- Previous administrative experience in an educational or business setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in grant and center budget and administrative management; and demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of constituencies
- Individuals with a Master’s degree and an equivalent amount of education and experience may be substituted for an earned Doctorate
Commensurate with ExperienceOrg #-Department:
Off of Research and Engagement - 11501Job Open Date:
09/20/2023Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Research Program OversightEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Provide leadership to senior staff within CYFCP who develop coherent research programs for their respective content areas including developing and monitoring strategic goals.
- Respond to correspondence on behalf of CYFCP, present and prepare presentations on behalf of CYFCP, research issues to be addressed by CYFCP, serve as liaison for CYFCP to internal and external constituencies, keep Vice Chancellor of Research apprised on issues facing CYFCP.
Grant Writing and FundingEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Develop, write, and submit successful proposals with the Director as PI within the Director’s respective content area.
- Provide oversight for organizing and preparing multi-investigator and interdisciplinary grant proposals of high institutional priority for staff within CYFCP.
- Organize and supervise meetings of appropriate faculty and staff to discuss and respond to funding opportunities.
Community Engagement and CollaborationsEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Organize and supervise meetings of appropriate faculty and staff to respond to funding opportunities across campus and within the community and state.
- Represent CYFCP and the university on a broad array of community engagement and research issues both within UNCG and the community.
Supervision and Center Administrative OversightEssential Tasks:
- Oversee administrative personnel who are responsible for all fiscal and human resources functions at CYFCP.
- Oversee CYFCP grants for compliance, working with administrative personnel to ensure proper utilization of funds and ensure that project expenditures are in line with deliverables.
- Assist in prioritization of tasks, provide oversight of the office budget and all business related to CYFCP, and complete all Center annual and period reports including the Strategic Plan.
- Provide annual reviews and supervision of staff within CYFCP.
Reading - F, Writing - F, Hearing - F, Talking - F, Sitting - F, Walking - F, Lifting-0-30 lbs., Hand Movement-Repetitive MotionsWork Environment:
Inside - C