Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.About the Department
The Office of Animal Regulatory Compliance is part of the Animal Care and Use Program (ACUP) that is responsible for the regulatory oversight of all research activities involving animals within the institution.Job Overview
We are seeking to fill a Research Compliance Analyst. This position will manage the ACUP training program and assist with regulatory compliance. It will require strong organization skills, a people-oriented personality, and the ability to work independently with little supervision. Essential Functions
- Serve as liaison for designated research protocols/studies; perform initial/ongoing research protocol reviews and provide advice to the Board/Committee; perform protocol audits as required; attend Board/Committee meetings to review and discuss studies to insure compliance with federal state, local regulations, and University policies and procedures; act as a resource for Board/Committee members regarding regulations during research protocol review. Resolve all issues involving research protocols.
- Interpret, analyze and apply federal, state, and local regulations, along with University rules and regulations, to ensure ethical research practices are followed; report suspected or known instances of noncompliance with University or federal regulations.
- Coordinate information to meet protocol reporting requirements; resolve routine issues involving research protocols including direct communication with investigators and research staff; interact with investigators, faculty, students and administration of all levels.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of daily operational policy and procedures.
- Schedule and manage ACUP trainings and related administrative processes (e.g. form review, listservs, facility access). Serve as an instructor of the program’s IACUC Orientation course, and a point of communication for customers, ancillary safety offices, and ACUP staff.
- Develop, implement, manage, and revise ACUP and IACUC member training program materials. Work closely with ACUP senior leadership to develop and revise policies and guidelines based on program need and changes in regulatory requirements.
- Attend IACUC meetings to review and discuss studies and act as a regulatory resource for committee members.
- Assist ACUP senior leadership with evaluating program processes, identifying problems, and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
One (1) year of experience in a compliance, basic science or clinical research environment.Additional Qualifications Considered
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Application Process
- Certified Professional IACUC Administration (CPIA).
- Experience working in a regulatory compliance environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of animal research regulations, accreditation, and over-site bodies (e.g., the Guide, Animal Welfare Act, PHS policy, AAALAC, USDA, IACUC).
- Experience with vertebrate animal research.
Please complete an online application and upload:
A resume and cover letter are required as part of the application process. Attach these documents before submitting your application.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
. For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE