Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified faculty roles will be filled. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department and there is no guarantee that an open position currently exists. Appointments are renewed based on departmental need and teaching performance. Classes may be day or evening. Rank and compensation are based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
The University of Cincinnati Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Occupational Therapy Program is searching for an educator who will contribute to the department’s teaching, service, and research missions. This is a 0.65 to 0.9 FTE, 12-Month per year. Represented Adjunct position with rank commensurate with education and experience. The ideal start date is January 2024. The Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise & Nutrition Sciences
The Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise & Nutrition Sciences (RENS) is one of the academic units in the College of Allied Health Sciences. Our department offers graduate degrees in Master of Athletic Training, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Nutrition Sciences. Our undergraduate Health Sciences program offers the degree of BS in Health Science with an emphasis in the concentrations of Pre-AT, Pre-Med, Pre-OT, Pre-PA, Pre-Pharm, Pre-PT and online completer programs in pre-OT and Health Sciences. The department is housed in the brand-new Health Sciences Building located on the UC Medical Campus. Essential Functions
- The responsibilities of this position are teaching and service to the Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise, and Nutrition Sciences (RENS) and College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS).
- The primary teaching responsibilities include courses in the Occupational Therapy Doctoral (OTD) Program as assigned by the Program Director or Department Chair.
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, course instruction, course development, participation in student recruitment, retention, and admissions activities, participation in program committee work, including program evaluation and accreditation tasks, and other activities as assigned by Department Chair or Program Director.
- Position requirements will be consistent with faculty evaluative criteria and the missions of the University, College, and Department.
Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD).Additional Qualifications Considered
- An equivalent of more than 2 years of relevant full-time work-related experience.
- Ohio Occupational Therapy license (or Ohio eligible).Current knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology and educational learning management systems.Evidence of strong organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills including communication, problem solving, counseling, conflict management, and follow-through.Ability to work independently.Interest and ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team.Ability to assist with a variety of tasks as assigned by Department Chair or Program Director.Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- An equivalent of more than 4 years of relevant full-time work-related experience.A minimum of one year of full time college teaching or equivalent collection of part time experience.
- Clinical or teaching experiences including OT evaluation and intervention for adults, hand and orthopedic conditions, administration and management, and/or mental health.
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.Experience mentoring student projects (e.g. research, capstone). Research experience.PhD or currently seeking a PhD.Experience in online teaching instruction.
Applicants should submit an online application and upload
Cover letter describing qualifications and interest in the position.Current CV.Statement of teaching philosophy.A list of at least three professional references with contact information.Please use the ‘Additional Documents’ option as needed for these documents.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE