Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified faculty roles will be filled. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department and there is no guarantee that an open position currently exists. Appointments are renewed based on departmental need and teaching performance. Classes may be day or evening. Rank and compensation are based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Construction Management (CAECM) in the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Cincinnati (UC) invites you to apply for the position of Term-Adjunct (part-time) faculty positions. Rank and compensation are based on experience and academic credentials.
CAECM is looking for qualified professionals and educators to be included in the general pool of candidates for Term Adjunct Instructor positions as needed. Courses are taught at all levels from undergraduate to graduate (master's and doctoral).Essential Functions
- On a part-time basis, conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- May serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
Candidates must meet one of two requirements:
- Have earned a master's degree in Engineering, or a closely related field if hired to teach undergraduate classes or a PhD if hired to teach graduate level courses OR
- The Candidate must meet the University Requirements to be credentialed by experience.
Successful candidates will be highly qualified individuals who have content expertise in their disciplines with appropriate degrees and training relative to the courses to be taught.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE