Transit Bus Driver (part-time)Agency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
TransportationProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective staff member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Transit Bus Driver, under supervision, is responsible for driving the A&M University-Commerce transit routes as scheduled and providing customer service by assisting passengers with questions on routes, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives A&M University-Commerce transit routes as scheduled (Commerce and Dallas locations).
- Operates assigned equipment in a safe manner and in adherence to all University and Transit policies as well as local, state, and federal laws.
- Provides customer service by assisting with questions on routes, checking ID’s, accurately documenting passenger counts, etc.
- Conducts a proper pre and post trip vehicle inspection and note any discrepancies at the beginning and ending of every shift.
- Reports any potentially hazardous vehicle maintenance or safety issues immediately to Supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining, fueling and cleaning of all equipment assigned during shift.
- Assists in the training of new drivers by teaching and demonstrating driving techniques, evaluating and providing feedback to the drivers, and providing follow-up or re-training as necessary.
- Responsible for entering time worked, leave requests, responding to university correspondence and staying up to date and in compliance with trainings, certifications, licensures, etc.
- Education: High school graduate or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience: Two years’ work experience.
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability to: Demonstrate the ability to operate several types of buses and vans to the extent of maneuvering safely through congested traffic conditions, adverse weather and road conditions. Exhibit a high degree of mental concentration and independent judgment. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Must have and maintain a valid Texas Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
State of Texas class "B" vehicle operator's license (Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement and air brakes endorsement).
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.