Executive Director, Treasury Location:
LSC-System Office Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in eight areas: Professional Development; Mission & Pride; Supervisor/Department Chair Effectiveness; Confidence in Senior Leadership; Faculty & Staff Well-Being; Shared Governance; Faculty Experience; Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Executive Director, Treasury holds direct management authority and accountability to execute policies and operations initiatives for a department, group of departments or functional area. Provides strategic, proactive and innovative leadership and direction to the Lone Star College (LSC) treasury department ensuring the basis for departmental goal setting is aligned with LSC’s strategic goals. Directs and manages the operations and personnel of the treasury department including cash management, investing, capital debt and property taxes. Monitors investments and capital debt to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and system policies. Reports to the AVC, Budget and Treasury and acts on the AVC’s behalf on various treasury related matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the LSC treasury processes and ensures these processes are in compliance with applicable LSC policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal guidelines
- Manage and supervise all aspects of cash flow, including the forecast of daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions
- Manage all aspects of in-house investment portfolios and long-term/short-term investment strategies, review and recommend changes to the investment policies based on the Public Funds Investment Act and Legislative mandates
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management methods to optimize efficiencies Prepares and/or monitors various cash flow forecasts and performs financial modeling.
- Develop and manage contracts, services and relationships with financial service providers for both investments and debt issuance (bonds)
- Responsible for Lone Star College 1.2 Billion tax-exempt portfolio and perform debt administration duties; reviews and interprets bond related documents; oversees the recording of all financial transactions relative to bond issues; ensures bond compliance with applicable federal and state legislation and regulations (including continuing disclosures, arbitrage calculation, and private use)
- Oversee annual process to adopt tax rates for the College and works directly with taxing agencies/counties
- Supervise all aspects of tax revenue collections and reporting.
- Understand and manage all RFQs and RFPs related to cash management, debt management, and investment management
- Oversee configuration and upgrades of financials system including depository and merchant services.
- Manage, monitor, and administer area budget, implement budget controls and perform needs assessments for development of annual budgeting recommendations
- Provide leadership and direction through Directors, Managers, and/or Senior Managers
- Accountable for the performance and results of significant disciplines in a large department or across multiple departments
- Adapt and execute functional or departmental business plans and contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategies
- Make decisions based on functional strategies and priorities
- Responsible for primary input for employee hiring, training, and incentives
- Resolve issues with significant System-wide impact
- Has little or no direct supervision from others
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Public Funds Investment Act and banking regulations
- Demonstrated skills in the utilization of ERP system
- Superior organization skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of judgment
- Excellent decision making, conflict resolution, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative and understand all of the policies and procedures
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to promote diversity and maintain a positive attitude in demanding work environment
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience must include at least 3 years in a manager- or director-level position
- Master’s degree
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financial Management Modules
Hiring salary range is $103,314 - $118,811
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Level of degree completed including date earned.
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.