Administrative AssistantPosition Type:
SA8072122Full or Part Time:
Full-Time 40 Hours WeeklyFair Labor Standard Act Classification:
Non-ExemptAnticipated Pay Range:
$22.00 - $25.00Pay Range Information:
Chapman University is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position. This range takes into account a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Salary offers are determined based on the final candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as internal equity and other internal factors. The anticipated pay range is not a promise of a particular wage.Job Description Summary:
Responsible for the day-to-day administrative support of the Frances Smith Center and Department of Marriage and Family Therapy. Prepare, input, and maintain class schedules, syllabi, and textbook adoptions to university databases and systems. Generate and track part-time lecturer contracts and overload contracts for both part-time and full-time faculty in the MFT Department. Support clinic technological needs, dept budgets, process and reconcile purchase requests and reimbursements, assist faculty with student hiring, training and monitor student worker hours and faculty/student travel funds. Some processing of expense reimbursements for student organizations. Maintenance of client electronic health records through ClinicNote and Sharepoint systems. Serve as point of contact for students, faculty, and visitors; answer phones, greet visitors, and respond to requests for information and assistance. Other duties as assigned.Responsibilities:
Administrative Support to Frances Smith Center
Administrative Support to Marriage and Family Therapy
- Provide support to Clinic Director and maintain calendar. Notify Dean’s Office of clinic events.
- Schedule meetings. Coordinate meeting logistics including invitations, supporting materials, audio-visual equipment, catering, room arrangements, etc.
- Serve as point-of-contact for students, faculty, and visitors; answer phones, greet visitors, respond to requests for information and assistance, refers individuals to appropriate university offices as needed.
- Support day-to-day needs of the clinic such as maintain reception area, distribute mail, set-up and maintain counseling room schedule, oversee utilization/maintenance/repair of equipment and order supplies.
- Create and maintain graduate student files; collect California Board of Behavioral Sciences paperwork, supervisor contracts, student forms from orientation, student evaluations, create and update Basic Skills Evaluation Device (BSED) and Capstone semester progress reports.
- Create and maintain client files, including photocopy and shredding of appropriate documents.
- Coordinate disposal of client files in accordance with clinic guidelines and strict confidentiality requirements.
- Assist Clinic Director with paperwork audits of client files.
- Maintain an up-to-date file of community services and resources related to the work of the clinic.
- Track and reconcile trainee hours as required for clinical licensure by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Update and provide monthly reports of hours to Department Chair, Clinic Director, Supervisors, and students.
- Stay abreast clinical practice standards as prescribed by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Gather, compile, and prepare data reports from client satisfaction, outcomes studies, supervisor, and student evaluations. Compile Conceptual Skills data for University ALOAR Report. Compile client demographic reports. Provide client satisfaction data and BSED data for Communities of Interest Meeting Presentations. Create and provide clinical supervisor evaluation reports for Department Chair.
- Track clinic budget noting expenditures and shortfalls.
- Process and reconcile purchase requisitions, reimbursements, and non-payment PO’s, such as supply orders and equipment purchases.
- Process cash, check, and credit card payments for client services. Generate and distribute weekly payment reports.
- Provide student hiring and training support. Approve MFT Department and Frances Smith Center student workers weekly hours.
- Provide support to Clinic Director for new trainee orientation.
- Edit and update the Clinic handbook annually for necessary changes in policy and procedures.
- Maintain Clinic Student network drive and email group. Add/Remove students as needed, grant access permissions.
- Maintain recording equipment and work with IS&T regarding technical issues.
- Maintain Clinic Electronic Health Record in ClinicNote and Sharepoint. Train new student clinicians and supervisors. Serve as a point of contact to any student clinicians and supervisors who may need technical assistance with the program.
Support special events, meetings and projects
- Track budgets including student worker lines, faculty start-up funds, faculty grant budgets and faculty/student travel. Manage student worker hours and faculty travel funds.
- Track, process and reconcile purchase orders for faculty scholarly grant, private grants, capital and start-up funds.
- Work collaboratively with Department Chair and Program Specialist on class schedule, input and maintain class schedule and textbooks.
- Generate and track part-time faculty, overload contracts and faculty teaching load.
- Assist with faculty onboarding and orient new faculty to department/college and university such as prep office, office signage, office supplies, request keycard access, phone set-up, order computer/software, calendar of events, office hours, review syllabus, if assigned lab space assist with set-up.
- Work with Department Chair to update policies and procedures for facultyUpload and track syllabi to university portal.
- Process faculty requests for copies, room assignments, textbooks, and media orders
- Facilitate faculty office moves including facilities, custodial and Telecom work requests.
- Process and reconcile purchase requisitions, reimbursements (including travel), cash advance and non-payment PO’s.
- Ensure department is compliant with university fiscal policy.
- Provide PeopleSoft, Campus Solution, Concur, and 25Live support.
- Provide student hiring and training support.
- Organize/assist in events coordinated by the clinic and MFT department.
- Coordinate event logistics including promotional materials, AV equipment, catering, room arrangements, calendaring, etc.
- Organize and carry out special projects/events; may include the processing of forms, creation of separate databases, coordination of typed material, design of promotional materials, coordination of ticket sales, room reservations, catering arrangements, final resolution, and attendance at the event.
- Support college events such as Preview Day, Discover Chapman Fall Orientation, Student Research Day, Guest Lecture Forum, Faculty Retreat, Guest Speaker Series and Commencement.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education or experience related to the duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of two to three years related experience in providing administrative support to professional staff.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups at all organizational levels, both inside and outside of the university.
- Professional telephone and email etiquette.
- Writing skills to prepare clear and concise, grammatically correct business correspondence, strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems needed to track budget, maintain class schedules, and process contracts including but not limited to PeopleSoft, Concur, Campus Solution, Canvas, 25Live and PeopleAdmin.
- Ability to comprehend a process and/or procedure and take a given task from beginning to completion.
- Arithmetic and calculation skills to prepare financial forms. Accounting skills with ability to monitor budget and expenses.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collegially with staff, faculty, and administration.
- Ability to use word processing, internet, and electronic mail software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to make travel and lodging arrangements.
- Working knowledge of university policies and procedures that pertain to the duties of the position.
- Ability to prioritize work duties when faced with interruptions, distraction, and fluctuating workload. Ability to exercise good judgment and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and maintain composure and good attitude when multi-tasking.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and events including coordinating catering, room reservations and set-up.
- Strong commitment to service. Ability to problem-solve and make decisions that are consistent with, and in support of, department goals/objectives and in accordance with university policy.
- Demonstrated superior time management skills and initiative to plan multiple complex projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines accurately.
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.Minimum Number of References:
The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University can be found at www.chapman.edu/diversity.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.
2Maximum Number of References: