Administrative Coordinator, Schmid CollegePosition Type:
SA8112122Full or Part Time:
Full-Time 40 Hours WeeklyFair Labor Standard Act Classification:
Non-ExemptAnticipated Pay Range:
$24.00 - $28.00Pay Range Information:
Chapman University is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position. This range takes into account a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Salary offers are determined based on the final candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as internal equity and other internal factors. The anticipated pay range is not a promise of a particular wage.Job Description Summary:
The Administrative Coordinator provides academic administrative support to the chemistry and biochemistry programs along with supporting the Assistant Dean of External Relations for Schmid College of Science and Technology at Chapman University. The administrative coordinator works closely with campus constituents to ensure smooth coordination of communications, course scheduling, event planning, and task management. Assist with faculty recruitment and hiring processes. Monitor budgets, process purchase requests and reimbursements, and track faculty/student travel. Provide excellent customer service and serve as point of contact for students, faculty, and visitors. Assist with accreditation, program review, and assessment activities and reports. Assist faculty with student hiring processes and training. Coordinate large scale events and meeting logistics including AV, catering, invitations, travel arrangements, and serve as backup as needed. Work closely with science technicians to maintain shipping and receiving information. Support events hosted by college. Assist the Assistant Dean and Leadership Cabinet with special requests, community outreach, and projects. Generate and obtain data as requested. This is an exciting opportunity to join Schmid College with the ability of a hybrid work schedule.Responsibilities:
Academic Administrative Support
Faculty Contracts Administrative Support
- Keep Directors and faculty apprised of upcoming deadlines and urgent requests. Initiate and/or remind of follow-up actions as needed
- Provide excellent customer service and serve as point of contact for students, faculty, and visitors; answer phones, greet visitors, respond to requests for information and assistance, refer individuals to appropriate university offices as needed
- Gather, compile, and report data as requested. Set-up and maintain electronic databases including student and alumni records.
- Provide support for enterprise systems such as PeopleSoft, PeopleAdmin, Concur, 25Live, etc.
- Hire, train and supervise student workers. Provide student hiring support to faculty.
- Prepare, input, and maintain class schedules, textbooks and catalog copy.
- Generate and obtain data as requested.
- Maintain office equipment, supplies and submit work orders as needed.
- Prepare applications, compile paperwork and data for accreditation, assessment, and program reviews.
- Assist in distinguishing Chapman’s chemistry program by maintaining accreditation.
- Assist with faculty hiring processes and orient new faculty to University.•Generate and track part-time lecturer and overload contracts.
- Monitor budgets, process purchase requests and reimbursements, reconcile PCard activities. Confirm receipt of purchased items and obtain invoices as needed.
Assistant Dean of External Relations Support
- Schedule meetings, take and publish minutes. Coordinate meeting and event logistics including invitations, supporting materials, AV equipment, catering, room arrangements, etc.
- Proactively manage correspondence, calendars, and scheduling and notify appropriate offices of program related events.
- Notify marketing liaison of any website corrections associated with the programs.
- Provide support for student recruitment activities including the Panther for a Day program, events, open houses, and marketing campaigns.
- Assist with community outreach to Orange High School and administration of the Simon-Orange-Chapman STEM Scholars (SOCSS) high school program.
- Assist in the administrative expansion of Simon STEM Scholars, specific to Schmid College.
- Coordinate the planning and logistics of Orange County Science and Engineering Fair events and Schmid College.
- Assist with special requests and assignments such as support for the Schmid Student Leadership Council (SSLC).
- Coordinate event and logistical support for the Schmid Senior Research Conference.
- Coordinate large scale events for student success and award ceremonies annually with Orange County Science and Engineering Fair with approximately 1200+ guests.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and ensure continuous communication of relevant details between the programs and Leadership Cabinet.
- Serve on college and university committees as requested
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education and experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience in providing administrative support in a professional office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey accurate information in a professional manner, with the ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
- Writing skills to prepare clear and concise, grammatically correct business correspondence; strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems needed for the position (Canvas, PeopleSoft, 25Live, PeopleAdmin, Concur, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic accounting skills to prepare financial forms and reconcile expenses. Ability to monitor budget and expenses.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collegially with staff, faculty, and administration.
- Ability to make travel and lodging arrangements.
- Working knowledge of university policies and procedures that pertain to the duties of the position.
- Ability to prioritize work duties when faced with interruptions, distraction and fluctuating workload.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and maintain composure and good attitude when multi-tasking.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and events including coordinating catering, room reservations and set-up.
- Strong commitment to service.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including phone system, copier, computers, and calculator.
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.Minimum Number of References:
The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University can be found at www.chapman.edu/diversity.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.
3Maximum Number of References: