UNC Asheville Overview:
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Western North Carolina, UNC Asheville is the designated public liberal arts campus in the University of North Carolina system. UNC Asheville is nationally known for the quality of our student-centered teaching, mentoring of undergraduates in research, interdisciplinary learning, and striving to be an inclusive campus community. Position Type:
UNC Asheville is committed to promoting diversity and a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Staff members are encouraged to take an active role to engage in the institution’s efforts in promoting diversity and inclusion throughout the workplace. The successful candidate is expected to foster an inclusive work culture where uniqueness of beliefs, backgrounds, talents, capabilities and ways of living are respected and welcomed. Women, traditionally under-represented minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications Systems AnalystPosition Number:
$70,000 - $74,300Work Schedule and Hours:
Typical hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., occasional night and weekend work required during critical periods.Full-Time / Part-Time:
Full-TimeMonths per Year:
12 MonthsPosition Summary:
The Applications Systems Analyst provides technical leadership and consultation to administrative users in support of the university’s Enterprise Resource System (Ellucian’s Banner System) and ancillary systems. The employee in the position analyzes and implements new applications, interfaces, system enhancements, workflows and supports new technologies that improve the delivery of administrative services to students, faculty and staff. This position will work with users and other ITS staff members in the maintenance and support of database software, complex reporting, SQL scripting, and automating processes associated with administrative applications utilized throughout the university.FLSA:
Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of related experience or a Master’s degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience.Preferred Education/Experience/Skills:
Preferred qualifications include 2-4 years of experience using: SQL PLUS, PL/SQL, Perl, Python, PHP, Microsoft SQL Server; Oracle RDBMS; complex database reporting solutions, cloud-based applications and familiarity with Unix and Web Services.Preference will be given to those candidates who demonstrate the following:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- experience working in a higher education environment
- experience working in the Ellucian Banner ERP system
- experience working with the Banner Operational Data Store (ODS)
- ability to communicate effectively with non-technical personnel (including writing clear documentation).
- ability to work as a team member and exhibit the ability to advance technical skills.
- ability to analyze user department needs, make proactive recommendations to improve existing processes and identify where technology changes may create opportunities for user departments
- several years of experience with Ellucian Banner and knowledge of underlying structure
- experience writing complex reports in Evisions’ Argos
- experience with SQL Server Administration
- experience using Softdocs Etrieve
- experience using NextGen Dynamic Forms
- knowledge and experience in supporting related applications.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
- Ability to provide customer service to and collaboration with a wide variety of constituents
- Knowledge of a variety of technical systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and independently provide solutions to problems
- Strong teamwork ability
- Strong communication skills
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please note that any documents submitted to Human Resources or the hiring departments become property of UNC Asheville and will not be returned. Official verification from each college/university you have attended are required upon employment, and will be requested directly from the college/university by Human Resources or from the National Student Clearinghouse. Any expense will be the responsibility of the employee. Educational degrees must be from an appropriately accredited institution. If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training and experience requirements, management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations. It is the policy of UNC Asheville to conduct pre-employment background investigations on all candidates selected for employment. If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice.Posting Number:
09/11/2023Open Until Filled: