Job no: 494249
Work type: Regular
Location: Los Angeles
Title: Assistant Softball Coach
Duration: 10 months
This person reports to the Head Softball Coach and is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of women’s softball team, to include, but not limited to; coaching, scheduling, conditioning, contest preparation, scouting, practice planning and execution, fundraising, purchasing and care of equipment, planning and supervision of team travel, and monitoring the personal, academic and athletic development of student athletes in their program. A key area of responsibility will also be to assist in the implementation of the program's recruiting plan to attract student-athletes with strong character and an academic profile that aligns with the mission of Occidental College and Occidental Athletics. This person will work collaboratively with various departments across campus including but not limited to Admissions, Student Affairs, Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations to optimize our community efforts.
In addition to their role as a coach this position will also include additional administrative duties outside the scope of their program that will be determined based on the individual's skill set.
- Adhere to, and enforce, all policies and procedures of Occidental College and Occidental Athletics as well as rules and regulations of the NCAA and SCIAC. -
- Follow the department's spending plan and be fiscally responsible.
- Attend and participate in departmental staff meetings, divisional meetings and college functions deemed essential.
- Actively support a diverse and inclusive environment in Occidental Athletics.
- Be an ambassador of Occidental Athletics and its core values.
- Contribute to the ongoing culture of Occidental College and its mission.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to the academic achievement of student athletes, good communication, organizational skills, and the ability to work amiably with students, administrators, and faculty within the rules and regulations of the College, the SCIAC Conference, and the NCAA Division III.
- The qualified candidate should ideally have competitive softball experience as a coach, preferably on the collegiate level.
EXPECTED HIRING RANGE: $54,000 - $56,000
If you are offered this position at Occidental College, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as skills, education, experience, and/or geographic location. In addition to those factors, Occidental complies with applicable pay equity laws and considers internal equity among current employees when developing the final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is the base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package.
Advertised: 12 Sep 2023 Pacific Daylight Time