The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
People Lab Program Coordinator, Wharton SchoolJob Profile Title
Coordinator, ProgramJob Description Summary
The People Lab team is dedicated to helping people become the best versions of themselves and believe everyone deserves the opportunity to grow. As the People Lab Program Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to make an impact by delivering an exceptional online-based learning experience to our users, while also supporting our researchers and the advancement of innovative assessments.
The People Lab team plays a vital role in supporting the strategic priorities for The McNulty Leadership Program at The Wharton School. We offer a supportive work environment, where your ideas and expertise are valued. You will report to the People Lab Director and will have the chance to collaborate with a diverse team of staff and faculty.
We are looking for a candidate who brings a passion for personal development, has experience with data collection and analysis, possesses excellent project management and communication skills, and thrives in a collaborative environment. By joining our team as the People Lab Program Coordinator, you will have the chance to make a meaningful impact on individuals' lives and contribute to their personal and professional development.Job Description
The Program Coordinator supports People Lab’s mission of helping people become the best versions of themselves by managing the administrative and logistical operations of the People Lab platform.
The day-to-day operations of the People Lab platform include:
- Managing the end-to-end process of assessment delivery including creation, distribution, and data collection
- Communicating in a professional and timely manner to users and stakeholders
- Updating the People Lab platform content
The administrative and logistical operations include:
- Conducting basic statistical analyses of People Lab data using RStudio and Excel
- Maintaining People Lab files, folder structures, and documentation in line with Penn privacy and data guidelines
- Facilitating and documenting the data collection and metric reporting processes of People Lab data
- Collaborating with People Lab staff and faculty to support strategic and research initiatives
Job Location - City, State
- Bachelor's degree and ideally 2-3 years of work experience, or equivalent combination
- Experience with survey creation, distribution, and data collection
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Experience conducting basic statistical analyses using RStudio and Excel
- Strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Capable of working both autonomously and in a team-based environment
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$24.13 - $30.00 Hourly RateSalary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.