Lead Patient Services Representative - Internal Medicine, Cherry Creek - 31267 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Community Practice Medicine Job Title: Lead Patient Services Representative - Internal Medicine, Cherry Creek Position #: 00789167 – Requisition #: 31267 Job Summary:
Calling all Customer Service Professionals! Our busy Clinics are recruiting for Lead Patient Service Representatives! We need your expertise and skills to help our clinic run smoothly, providing our patients with top-notch quality care.
The Lead Patient Services Representative is responsible for providing efficient, effective, quality customer service through various duties including, but not limited to, patient check-in, registration, scheduling, exam preparation, outbound calling, and some referral management. Complies with established company policies and procedures, HIPAA Privacy Rules, and the University of Colorado School of Medicine Confidentiality Policy. Ensures precise and timely communication to clinical department(s), including patient appointment status. Assists in overall department work, including overflow from other departments and/or locations. Key Responsibilities:
- Acts as a lead for other Front Desk Staff, Certified Medical Assistants, Physicians, etc., for job-related functions.
- Assists with developing, implementing, and evaluating departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides mentoring, monitoring, coaching, and evaluating team members' performance, especially in productivity and quality management.
- Assists with coordinating services, prioritizing assignments and workflow, and promoting situational decision-making/problem-solving.
- Performs responsibilities of the underlying job. Takes responsibility for or guides team members in handling complex or novel issues.
- Within the scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Acknowledges and welcomes patients and visitors; sets the tone for a positive experience.
Onsite – This role is expected to work onsite in Denver, CO. Why Join Us:
As a CU Anschutz employee, you are afforded benefits that are hard to find elsewhere! Our tuition assistance benefit can help grow your career, providing employees with up to 9 eligible credits per academic year on any CU campus for eligible undergraduate and graduate courses. Add to that exceptional Paid Time Off, including 22 Vacation Days, 15 Sick Days, and 10 Holidays!
To see more, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 3+ years of patient/client-facing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate's degree.
- Medical office/customer service experience.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking.
- Computer skills: EPIC, Kronos.
- MS Office: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, including physicians, leadership, and staff.
- Ability to work within large, complex healthcare systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and communicate in person, by phone, or in writing.
- Ability to attest to computer proficiency and learn new computer applications.
- Ability to keyboard/type, write legibly, and accurately record information.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to organize workflow, focusing on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people in stressful, fast-paced environments.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to perform basic filing, office procedures, and word processing.
- Ability to adhere to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
How to Apply:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross healthcare provider level CPR certification or within 90 days of hire.
- Complies with applicable University of Colorado School of Medicine, Community Practice mandatory education and training.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications for the position.
- Must be able to work in person.
- Must be able to travel to alternate locations as assigned.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Jen Weber, email@example.com Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
This position's starting salary range (or hiring range) has been established as $50,820 to $58,440.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Administrative Support and Related Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 21974 - SOM-DEAN DO CPD - MEDICINE Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 22, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Jen Weber Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00789167
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency