Business Services Professional - Hybrid - 31273 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation/Physical Therapy Program Job Title: Lecturer Working Title: Business Services Professional - Hybrid Position: 00814873 – Requisition # 31273: Job Summary:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty, and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry, and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine Physical Therapy Program in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is home to three educational programs: the Physical Therapy Program, Pediatric Physical Therapy Residency Program, and PhD Program in Rehabilitation Science. The CU Physical Therapy Program most recently was ranked within the Top 15 accredited physical therapy programs in the United States by the U.S. News and World Report and is one of the first 25 educational programs still in existence in the United States. Additionally, our clinical and research partners include the Rocky Mountain Regional Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado, Craig Hospital, and Colorado Clinical & Translational Sciences Institute.
In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at the Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District. The metropolitan area affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Moreover, the state of Colorado offers ample outdoor activities through its 42 state parks, 8 mountain ranges, and 7 national forests.
The business services professional works closely with faculty and staff within the CU PT Program at the Anschutz Medical Campus and maintains data with accuracy and confidentiality.
Systems and programs used by this position include Microsoft Office Suite, Formstack, Qualtrics, and PeopleSoft. The CU PT Program has two pathways: the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) hybrid pathway and the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC) pathway.
This position will be responsible to manage student scholarships, process reimbursements, create course schedules, and lead events. The position will be located at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado, with some remote work, and occasional travel to Colorado Springs for hybrid coordination.
This description is a summary only and describes the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority. Key Responsibilities: Procurement (35%)
- Process reimbursements for employees and students.
- Assist program personnel and student with travel and reimbursements.
- Manage gift card program and liaise with faculty and volunteers.
- Oversee student funds and fundraisers.
- Procure office and lab supplies.
- Process incoming student deposits and ensure accurate posting.
- Manage student scholarships by the following:
- Participate in scholarship and awards committee. Create agendas, schedule meetings, and take minutes.
- Confirm available funds for prospective and current student awards.
- Track student awards and reconcile with disbursements.
- Create and manage scholarship applications and scoresheets.
- Serve as liaison to communicate between the committee, students, donors, and Office of Advancement.
- Maintain lists available scholarship opportunities for program website.
- Maintain master scholarship lists.
Program Support (9%)
- Create academic year calendar for planning courses with the Office of the Registrar.
- Create and manage course schedules.
- Create calendars in Outlook and by working closely with scheduling committee members.
- Schedule program meetings, request and confirm room availability.
- Manage calendar by scheduling for PhD Program Director.
- Schedule ad hoc room requests for program personnel.
- Assist or take lead with course and program events.
- Request and compile information for program reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hybrid – this role is eligible for a hybrid schedule of 3 days per week on campus and as needed for in-person meetings. Why Join Us:
Thank you for considering joining our team. Rehabilitation practitioners believe in an approach to clinical care and scientific inquiry that mitigates disability, promotes functional independence, and improves human performance. The department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Colorado (CU PM&R) is at the forefront of using team science, regenerative medicine, and exercise treatments. It is uniquely situated in the state-of-the-art CU Anschutz Medical Campus, the first campus in the nation to be built from the ground up to bring research, education, and patient care into one visionary collaboration. Like the Rocky Mountains that provide a backdrop for our institutions, CU PM&R is on the rise! Our department attained #5 in the national PM&R Blue Ridge rankings for federal research grant funding in 2022. Notably, we combine the disciplines of rehabilitation medicine, physical therapy, psychology, speech/language therapy, and rehabilitation sciences into a singular department.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine Physical Therapy Program in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is home to multiple educational programs: the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, Pediatric Physical Therapy Residency Program, Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency Program, dual DPT-MPH degree track, and PhD Program in Rehabilitation Science. The CU Physical Therapy Program most recently was ranked within the Top 13 accredited physical therapy programs in the United States by the U.S. News and World Report and is one of the first 25 educational programs still in existence in the United States. Additionally, our clinical and research partners include the Rocky Mountain Regional Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado, Craig Hospital, and Colorado Clinical & Translational Sciences Institute.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- 1 year of professional level experience that has aptitude in the job duties outlined for this position.
Competencies (Knowledge Skills and Abilities)
- Experience with procurement through various procedures.
- Experience with multiple funding methods, such as gift funds and scholarships.
- Experience working in higher education, healthcare, or academic medical environment.
- Experience with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience working with CU systems, such as Concur, EMS.
How to Apply:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position.
- Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address.
Questions should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins on (9/26/23). Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as:
$54,383 - $69,175 (FTE: 1.0)
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Business Services Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20884 - SOM-PM&R PHYSICAL THERAPY Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 22, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Angela Vondra Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00814873
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency