Student Assistant, Copywriter
The salary for this position is $16.30 per hour and is non-negotiable.
SDSU Global Campus strives to be a global leader in providing innovative education programs that transform lives locally and internationally. Our mission is to deliver innovative educational experiences to all learners through credit and non-credit academic and special programs for individuals and groups at various times, in myriad locations, and via different modalities throughout the year.
The marketing department is responsible for all marketing efforts to support SDSU Global Campus, including publications, advertising, research, public relations, media relations, developing strategic marketing plans, photography and video, website maintenance and enhancement, database development, social media marketing, and other marketing-related functions as needed. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager of Strategic Marketing, and more specifically the Content and SEO Manager, this position supports Marketing to ensure content and communications are updated and aligned with the overarching marketing goals of SDSU Global Campus. This position carries a medium level of responsibility with regard to the information available to him/her; therefore, the candidate's success is contingent upon his/her ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality at all times.
The Student Assistant Copywriter is responsible for independently performing numerous and varied day-to-day project activities: ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (95%)
Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills and knowledge of AP Style are assumed, with the ability to write copy for webpages, emails, and other marketing materials. Also, the ability to carefully review existing content and apply requested updates and revisions to that content and provide quality assurance of completed work. The ability to work well with a wide variety of individuals at all levels of interests and responsibilities, and to work both independently and as a member of the team. This is a fast-paced environment; you will have a variety of products for your portfolio at the end of this assignment.ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED (5%)
- Ability to proofread and apply requested revisions to webpage copy and other materials.
- Ability to write copy for webpages, marketing emails, and other documents with guidelines and instructions provided by a supervisor.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and work effectively under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge and proficiency using Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, and internet application systems
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the University, Department, and SDSU Research Foundation and with officials from external agencies. Must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and written and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to review data for accuracy and completeness and make correcting entries.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of cross-cultural sensitivity.
Minimum Experience ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION:
- Current enrollment as an undergraduate student at SDSU
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/16210/student-assistant%2c-copywriter/job?in_iframe=1
- A background check (including a criminal records check) and Livescan (if applicable) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
- Candidate must reside in California or live in a commutable distance from SDSU at the time of hire.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency