To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values, and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
Please submit your applications by October 13th for initial consideration.
This position will be open until filled.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Executive Director of Operations assists the chief academic officer of the college by overseeing the daily activities and needs of the Office of Academic Affairs and managing the operational responsibilities of the division. This person provides leadership for division functions in academic processes and compliance, faculty contract compliance, financial monitoring and processes, and strategic priorities implementation. The individual in this position will participate in strategic planning and projects that support the priorities of the division and the mission, vision, and values of the college. The Executive Director of Operations helps ensure timely and effective responses and strategies to critical incidents and events and helps manage and guide long-term projects within the division.UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Responsible for the short and long-term operational functions of the Academic Affairs Division
- Support the growth of enrollment, class offerings and contracts through efficient operational processes and policies in collaboration with academic departments and other divisions of the college
- Support faculty relations and compliance through oversight of faculty-related processes
- Monitor the division’s financial data, including oversight of processes that relate to budget, grants, and other funding sources.
- Ensure program quality through processes and compliance in alternative credit, specialized accreditation. Annual state reporting, curriculum revision, CIP/SOC, and CTSO leadership
- Manage elevated critical concerns related to curriculum and instruction in collaboration with the CAO.
- Lead and supervise the professional staff who support the CAO’s office and provide for their continued professional growth
- Serve as the Academic Affairs representative for the Colleges Risk, Safety, Business Continuity and Emergency Management initiatives.
- Engage in special projects and project management related to the division’s strategic priorities and process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills that ensure consistency in operational processes, communication, and reports.
- Maintain effective communication with members of the Division and other administrative units of the college
- Work closely with internal Kirkwood Departments to ensure that the Academic Affairs Division remain consistent with College expectations and practices
- Proficient user of computer applications and software programs
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
PREFERREDQUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:EEO AA/STATEMENT:
- Master’s Degree
- Must have at least 3 years administrative and operational experience
- Strong communication skills
- Must have a high attention to detail
- Previous successful supervisory experience required
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: equity@Kirkwood.edu
or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov