NURSE: Adjunct / Substitute Instructor or Non-Instructor POOL (college credit)
San Diego Community College District
NOTE: The San Diego Community College District accepts applications for adjunct (part-time/substitute) positions for our three college campuses (City, Mesa, Miramar) and various continuing education centers on a continuous basis. However, it does not necessarily imply there are immediate openings. If you meet the required minimum qualifications, your application will be included in the adjunct pool for possible assignments in the fall, spring, and/or summer semesters of the academic year. Hiring departments utilize the adjunct pool when there is a need and will contact you directly should you possess the qualifications they are seeking. Applications are purged approximately one year from submittal, at which time you will receive an automated e-mail notice to re-apply if you wish to remain in the pool.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as-needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to San Diego.
Assignments may include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.
The Community Health Nurse designs, implements and evaluates Health Promotion activities on campus and provides RN care to patients (first aid, vaccinations etc.).
This is an Adjunct Faculty position (part time).
- Primary duties of adjunct faculty members are related to curriculum and teaching; the assignment is divided between lecture and lab classes as determined by the department. Adjunct instructional faculty are required to be available to students outside of class.
- Provide instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Provide quality instruction, create and maintain an environment which emphasizes teaching and learning and encourages free discussion of ideas, interests and issues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Degrees must be from accredited institutions.
Master’s in nursing
Bachelor’s in nursing
Master’s in health education or health science
OR the equivalent
OR the minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher.
Minimum Qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college which shall include courses in nursing, or in natural, behavioral or social sciences relevant to nursing practice;
- Direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she will be assigned, which can be met by:
- (A) One (1) year’s continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area; OR
- (B) One (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency.
(NOTE: Other health services personnel shall not be subject to statewide minimum qualifications; however, all personnel shall possess appropriate valid, current licensure or certification to practice in California when required by law. Ancillary personnel shall work under appropriate supervision when required by their license laws.)
RN, MSN, or PHN;
California Public Health Nurse certificate
At the time that an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Instructors with advanced coursework and/ or experience shall be placed on the appropriate class and step on the Adjunct College Salary Schedules, effective the first month following receipt (in Human Resources) of the official transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Initial salary placement will be at the first class/step until all required documentation has been submitted.
for the current salary schedule or you may view the current salary schedule by using the “Salary Schedules” link to the left.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency