Grants Specialist - Pre and Post Award-FAMU-FSU College of Engineering - Multiple Positions Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering
The Grants Specialist will be responsible for activities associated with obtaining, administering, tracking, reconciling, and reporting of federal, state, local, and private contracts/grants and other types of awards and agreements for an assigned portfolio of projects.
Sponsored Project pre-award activities:
Assist faculty with proposal preparation, review, and submission, including preparation of proposal budgets and other proposal documents as needed, including coordinating cost share commitments with departments and centers. Prepare internal proposal documents and coordinate proposal submission with FSU Sponsored Research Administration (SRA) and FAMU Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP). Receive and process awards, sending required documents to FSU SRA and FAMU OSP and completing internal award set up; Assist with negotiation and proposal revision preparation as needed.
Sponsored project post-award administrative activities:
Prepare administrative requests for sponsored projects such as no-cost extensions, advances, sub-awards, subprojects, NDAs, and similar as needed. Receive and process award amendments, sending required documents to FSU SRA or FAMU OSP Assist post-award research administration staff with proactive resolution of issues related to cost-share, property, subprojects, subawards, effort, and similar. Prepare periodic and ad hoc internal reports related to pre-award activity; Assist with sponsor-requested or required reports as needed, including project closeout.
Attend institutional and professional organization trainings; stay current in industry standards and changes in regulations, policies, and processes. Relay pertinent information to faculty and teammates. Advise investigators of recommended compliance best practices and other pre/post duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and one year experience or a high school diploma or equivalent and five years of experience (Note: or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to five years.)
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Ability to listen and record accurate information.
- Experience in demonstrating effective customer service skills.
- Experience in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in meeting project deadlines.
- Experience in performing accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Experience in gathering, interpreting, reporting, and/or editing information.
- Experience in prioritizing, organizing, and performing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Experience in reviewing and reconciling financial data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Experience in documenting existing and new processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, or equivalent software.
- Experience in performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Experience in preparing and monitoring budget information.
- Experience maintaining accurate records and retrieving files from active or archival sources to include basic filing practices that include numeric and alphabetic systems.
- Experience listening and recording accurate information.
- Knowledge of electronic data processing as it applies to fiscal and accounting activities.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and private sources for contract and grant funds.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and etiquette.
eSPEAR Certification or ability to obtain the certification within 6 months of hire.
The FAMU-FSU College of Engineering is the nexus of two major public universities, each with a distinct mission but focused on world-class engineering education and research. Created by the Florida Legislature in 1982, the joint institution is the college of engineering for both Florida A&M and Florida State universities. This unique combination of focus, resources and mission from our parent institutions has created on our campus a truly innovative atmosphere that leverages the benefits of the traditional HBCU model with the innovations of an R-1 public research university.
Any questions about the position should be directed to Zhiyong Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
This is an A&P position.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
This position is open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.