Senior Major Gifts Officer/Major Gifts Officer (Remote Eligible)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Senior Major Gifts Officer/Major Gifts Officer (Remote Eligible)Job Profile Title
Major Gifts Officer SeniorJob Description Summary
As part of a team of experienced fundraisers, the Senior Major Gifts Officer/Major Gifts Officer (working title: Regional Director) reports to the Director of Regional Development, East, and manages the identification, cultivation and solicitation of assigned prospects with the giving ability of $250,000 and above ($100,000 and above for Major Gifts Officer) in an assigned Mid-Atlantic region(s). The Senior Major Gifts Officer/Major Gifts Officer is responsible for designing, planning and implementing a major gifts plan that proactively extends the reach of Wharton domestically to expand Wharton's prospect base and build the donor pipeline. This position will require the willingness and ability to frequently travel domestically; and to be able to work some weekends and evenings. The Senior Major Gifts Officer/Major Gifts Officer may be based out of Philadelphia or remotely in the greater Boston, New York, or Connecticut regions.Job DescriptionResponsibilities
The Senior Major Gifts Officer/Major Gifts Officer will perform a wide range of fundraising activities, including but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a top tier of approximately 150 prospects and an active schedule of solicitations with assigned prospects; understanding of prospect and volunteer management preferred.
- Establish and meet mutually agreed-upon annual goals for dollars asked and raised, and for visits made with donors and prospects.
- Develop strategy and conduct identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship visits with prospects with giving ability ratings of $250,000 and above ($100,000 and above for Major Gifts Officer).
- Coordinate cultivation events and programs hosted by assigned prospects when appropriate.
- Identify new prospective major gift donors and develop long-range plans for their involvement with the School.
- Responsible for ensuring that pertinent information and contacts for assigned prospects are properly recorded in the institutional database of record.
- Collaborate with other fundraisers in the department and across the university in the overall relationship building of alumni with the School.
A cover letter and resume are required.
- BA or BS degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 to 7 years (3-5 years for Major Gifts Officer) of progressive experience in institutional development with emphasis on major gifts from individuals and organizations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to function with a high degree of independence with assigned group of prospects, yet interact collaboratively with colleagues in a centralized framework of fundraising, participating in and contributing to total team effort.
- Experience interacting comfortably with faculty, School leadership, and CEO-level contacts.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Travel and evening/weekend work required, including blocks of time for major events such as Reunion Weekends. Also required is the ability to attend, participate, facilitate, or lead on-campus and off-campus events/activities outside of normal business hours, both on the Philadelphia campus and in regional markets.
- Entrepreneurial inclination and capacity for hard work within goal-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with database manipulation and other computer software, preferably Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Knowledge of university environment and academic mission preferred.
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$61,046.00 - $120,000.00 Annual Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower/Senior-Major-Gifts-Officer-Major-Gifts-Officer_JR00079420
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency