Front End Web Application Developer - Digital Learning at UT
Description: Digital Learning at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is a newly created unit charged with advancing UT’s commitment to discovery, creativity, learning, and engagement, specifically for online learners. Using advanced and innovative technologies, Digital Learning at UT will provide scalable solutions that enhance the online learning experience and reduce barriers to student access and success, providing a tremendous impact to online learners across the state and the nation. At Digital Learning at UT, we want to be bold and impactful, transforming the future of online education through innovative thinking and collaboration problem-solving.
Web Application Development:
- Participates in the analysis, development, deployment, and support efforts for integrations with enterprise web applications
- Develop and implement robust integration strategies that ensure high data integrity and security
- Leads, modifies, deploys, implements, designs, tests, and manages critical, high impact, or urgent projects
- Works with campus project partners to help define needs across multiple functional areas
- Lead efforts for configuration management (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Researches emerging technologies and threats, implements solutions, and provides training
- Designs, collects, analyzes metrics, and creates reports for dissemination to senior staff
- Independently analyzes and solves highly complex technical problems
- Meet with peers, managers, supervisors, vendors, students, staff, faculty, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems
- Participate in periodic management meetings to keep top management informed of department problems and concerns
- Interacts with external vendors and contractors for technical solutions
- Stay abreast of advancement in technology
Meetings, Training, Special Projects, and other Duties:
- Participate on special projects, including integration architecture development & web service development.
- Serve on working committees within Digital Learning at UT which include implementation of new services and programs both internally and campus wide.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Represent Digital Learning at UT in campus-level meetings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or other relevant field
- 3 years of relevant application development experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience implementing and managing web analytics tracking processes
- Experience in modern web integration and analytics technologies
- Experience with back end development technologies
- Understanding of data structures, analytics, and reporting capabilities within CRM
- Experience in higher education environment
For full consideration, applicants must attach a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references, in addition to completing the applicant file to the Human Resources online application system, Taleo.Job:
Information Technology ProfessionalPrimary Location:
Sep 19, 2023, 9:53:50 AM