Educational Pipeline Program Support Teacher
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.Posted Job Title
Educational Pipeline Program Support TeacherJob Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-ExemptJob Description Summary
Educational Pipeline Program Support Teachers will work as part of a Netter Center University Assisted Community Schools team to support high school students participating in the Educational Pipeline Program.Job Description
Founded in 1992, the Barbara and Edward Netter Center for Community Partnerships is the University's primary vehicle for advancing civic and community engagement at Penn. It brings together the resources and assets of both the University and the wider community to help solve universal problems such as poverty, health inequities, environmental sustainability, and inadequate, unequal education as they are manifested in the University's local geographic area of West Philadelphia and Philadelphia at large. The Netter Center develops and helps implement democratic, mutually transformative, place-based partnerships between Penn and West Philadelphia that advance research, teaching, learning, practice, and service and improve the quality of life on campus and in the community. The Netter Center works with and serves as a model for other higher education institutions across the United States and around the world.
The Netter Center's university-assisted community schools (UACS) is a strategy to educate, engage, empower, and serve all members of the community in which the school is located and engage students (K-16+) in real-world, community problem-solving. UACS collaborates with partners to advance teaching, research, learning and service, as well as the civic development of their students.
The specific responsibilities of the Educational Pipeline Program Support Teacher include:
- Support high student recruitment and retention for the fall, spring, and summer iterations of the Educational Pipeline Program
- Provide lesson support for Educational Pipeline Program students that help prepare program students for and/or reinforce the education that they receive on Penn's campus
- Provide feedback about the curriculum and instruction to Penn Partners (inclusive of faculty, staff, and students) during the spring Educational Pipeline Program
- Attend meetings to offer feedback to improve the Educational Program
- Managing students & participants in the Educational Pipeline Program
- Providing program planning and implementation
- Regularly reporting tasks completion and program updates to the Educational Pipeline Coordinator
- Support the coordination of program promotion and outreach to the surrounding community and to program families
- Ensuring student engagement
- Implementation of proper Netter UACS Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring the safety and awareness of students, including following COVID-19 safety protocols
- Capturing attendance of students at high school-based sites when applicable
- Demonstrating positive youth and community development principles at all times
- Attend spring Pipeline sessions on UPenn campus/support student transportation to program sites
- Attend fall career exposure series workshops on UPenn campus/support student transportation to program sites
- All staff must be fully vaccinated unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Staff must have or be able to obtain the following clearances to work with children before starting work: PA Child Abuse Certification, FBI Fingerprinting Report, PA Criminal Record Check, Mandated Reporter Training Certificate, National Sex Offender Registry Verification. The Netter Center will pay for these clearances and assist staff in obtaining if needed.
: College degree and teaching certificate required, plus at least 1-3 years of experience working with high school-age students. Experience in 9-12 urban educational settings is required. After-school experience preferred. Strong candidates will have experience in facilitating successful youth development programs. Must possess a track record of successful collaboration and communication, and be organized, dependable, flexible, and seeking to grow and improve.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Arts and SciencesPay Range
$7.25 - $30.00 Hourly Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Netter-Center-for-Community-Partnership/Educational-Pipeline-Program-Support-Teacher_JR00079590
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency