Assistant Professor of English, Film, and Media StudiesJob Posting Number:
The Department of English invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of English, Film, and Media Studies.Required Qualifications:
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate and maintain an active record of publication and to develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses in areas of specialization. A focus on non-Hollywood film— including, but not limited to, European Cinema, Golden Age of Mexican/New Mexican Cinema, Latin American Cinema, Third Cinema, Bollywood, Nollywood—and/or experimental, documentary, and art film, and experience with other media, such as television, comics, or video games, are preferred.
In addition to film and media courses, teaching assignments may include courses within candidate’s other areas of interest and core English courses such as introductory literature surveys. This position is subject to the availability of funds.
- PhD in English, film and media studies, or closely related field that meets accreditation requirements (18 graduate hours in English)
- Potential for or demonstrated record of scholarly research in film and/or media studies, Demonstrated teaching excellence
- Expertise commensurate with the position of assistant professor and sufficient to teach graduate courses in film and media studies
- Demonstrated ability in scholarly research in one or more of the following areas: A focus on non-Hollywood film—including, but not limited to, European Cinema, Golden Age of Mexican/New Mexican Cinema, Latin American Cinema, Third Cinema, Bollywood, Nollywood—and/or experimental, documentary, and art film.
- Experience with other media, such as television, comics, or video games.
- Ability to teach varied curriculum in English, including core courses such as literature surveys and first-year composition.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/44002
For full consideration, please submit the following by November 5, 2023:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start Date:
Fall 2024Posting Date:
09/21/2023Full Consideration Date::
11/05/2023Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Reasonable Accommodation:
If you experience accessibility issues or require alternative formatting during the application process due to a disability or underlying condition, we request that you contact Talent Acquisition for assistance. A representative from Talent Acquisition will respond to you as soon as possible.Record Checks and Verifications:
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verification including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verification, reference checks, and employment eligibility verification.Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.Why Work at Texas State?:
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Link: