Education Field Placement CoachLocation::
Texas Township CampusFull-Time/Part-Time::
Part TimePay Rate::
A minimum of $20.41 per hour. Placement is determined based on education and relevant years of experience beyond the minimum requirements.Position Type::
Education/Liberal ArtsJob Summary::
Are you an experienced educator who wants to continue to contribute to the field of education? Do you want to share your years of experience and contribute to the growth and development of future professional educators? If so, Kalamazoo Valley has an opportunity for you.
We are seeking an Education Field Placement Coach to coordinate and oversee Kalamazoo Valley education students’ visits to area school district classrooms to gain relevant field experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required knowledge and skills:
- Contact area administrators and teachers to arrange for KVCC students to visit public school classrooms for the purpose of observing professional educators in the classroom setting, and subsequently having an opportunity to teach mini-lessons in those classrooms.
- Meet with KVCC students to coordinate and assign those visits so that students are placed in a setting of high and relevant interest to them as future educators.
- Prepare KVCC students for visits by assisting them in the preparation of lesson plans and the development of instructional plans for delivering those lessons.
- Conduct observations of KVCC students teaching mini-lessons at their field placement.
- Conduct meetings with students to share observations and provide feedback on the lessons that were taught.
- Facilitate large group discussions of students’ field work experiences.
- Knowledge of teaching concepts and instructional practices
- Knowledge of the teaching profession
- Knowledge of child development
- Skill in oral and written communications
- Skill in building relationships
- Skill in providing case-management style support
- Skill in coordinating resources
Appropriate education, training, experience and talents are requirements for this position. An example of this would be a Bachelor’s degree in education and two years of related prior work experience.Work Hours::
To be determined based on course and field placement times, not to exceed 29 hours per week.Posting Date:
09/21/2023Special Instructions to Applicants::
Please apply online at jobs.kvcc.eduEEO Statement:
This job will remain posted until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by October 15.
As an employer, KVCC encourages, welcomes, and fosters differences because we believe that diversity makes us great. Diversity extends beyond race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, and encompasses people of all abilities, identities, circumstances, and characteristics. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity and consideration for employment; please consider joining us as we continue to enrich lives by teaching and serving our community with excellence. Prior to a job offer, candidates will be required to complete a criminal record background check. For some positions, a credit history investigation will also be required. Information gathered will be used for job-related purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law and will not result in an automatic disqualification from an employment opportunity.