Assistant Director of Transfer AdmissionPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
The Assistant Director of Transfer Admission manages the undergraduate transfer prospect and applicant pool, has an active role in fostering partnerships with local community colleges, and is responsible for the transcript evaluation summary process for incoming transfer students. The Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions will develop and implement strategies specific to the successful enrollment of transfer students, bridging their academic needs with program offerings of Juniata College.
Review undergraduate admission applications:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for undergraduate transfer students
- Deliver admission presentations
- Meet with prospective students
- Provide information on course transfers and equivalencies
- Plan, organize and implement a data driven recruitment strategy
- Attend in-person and virtual transfer fairs/events to recruit undergraduate transfer students
- Support and assist with the planning of on campus events, tours, visits
- Collaborate with community colleges to maintain and grow the transfer portfolio of 2+2 and 2+2+1 agreements
- Collaborate with the campus departments including Financial Aid, Registrar, Campus Life, and Dean of Students to ensure students have the onboarding tools and information needed to matriculate
- Represent the Admissions Office by serving when needed on college committees, groups, councils, etc.
- Ensure applicants are apprised of all necessary steps to complete their application and matriculate
- Apprise the applicants of needed credentials to receive an admissions decision
- Evaluate completed applications for admission and award scholarship
Performs other job-related duties as assigned or required.Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- 1-3 years of professional experience. Experience in Admissions/Higher education preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to present information and respond to questions from prospective students and parents, high school counselors, the college community, and the public.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication skills and must have the ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Demonstrate and possess a strong understanding of cultural competency and how to communicate to different audiences.
This role reports to the Senior Associate Dean of Admissions.Physical Demands:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- Must be able to sit and work on a computer for 2+ hours minimum at a time
- Must be able to stand and move between buildings at recruitment events
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
Juniata College an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.Open Date:
09/15/2023Open Until Filled: