Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Doctoral and No experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. No experience is required.Preferred Qualifications:
A postdoctoral position is available in the medical imaging lab of Howard Gifford at the University of Houston.
The position is funded by a new NIH R01 grant with the objective of developing low-resource statistical models
that can reliably mimic the performance of expert readers in imaging trials involving complex target detection
and estimation tasks. Models that can operate with relatively sparse training requirements would be useful in
the evaluation of diagnostic imaging technology at all stages of development and application. Our project is
principally focused on problems in radiography and nuclear medicine.
Candidates should have a PhD with expertise in one of more of the following areas: visual psychophysics,
object recognition, image processing and analysis, computational modeling, and deep learning. Ideal candidates
would be fluent in MATLAB, Python, or equivalent software, with a background in electrical engineering,
psychology, applied mathematics, computer science, or similar field. The ability to work on challenging problems
with enthusiasm and creative rigor is essential.
Required Documents: 1.Curriculum Vitae2. Cover letter that briefly summarizes scientific interests, 3. Names of three professional referencesPlease also send to firstname.lastname@example.org.Organization:
H0071 Biomedical EngineeringEmployee Status:
Sep 20, 2023, 1:47:50 PM