Manages the day-to-day operations of a small or medium-sized university program or department. May supervise staff employees, student workers, programs or processes. Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a small or medium-sized department or program.
- Oversees program expenditures and ensures adherence to budget.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- May prepare or participate in the creation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Reviews reports of budgets and activities. Prepares ad hoc reports as needed.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications:Extensive knowledge of UH MAPP policies, SAM policies and standardsExperience with University of Houston’s Office of Contract Administration policies and procedures related to artist contracts and communicationKnowledge and experience with UH Finance systemKnowledge of University structure and departmentsStrong verbal and written communication skillsExperience communicating with students, faculty and outside entitiesKnowledge of FERPA and other federal University requirementsAdditional duties:Contract creation and managementArtist hospitality: travel, lodging, schedule managementCommunication, gathering information from artists for project and event planningEvent planningProduction management/assistanceOrganization and expense managementCreation/management of timeline for artist contracts/projectsUH Voucher creation and processingAssisting managing director with scheduling, organization and other routine needsAdministrative management for Innovation grantsPreparation of documents and presentations for board reviewFollow UH purchasing card policies as defined by MAPP and SAM guidelinesOutreachAssists in development of artist projects from outset to completion; including outreach, venue identification, contracts, timelines, communication, hospitality and production assistanceHelps create and implement CWMCA standard operating procedures in regard to administrative/logistic dutiesCoordination of students and volunteers for artist eventsAudience management
Bachelors and No experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: No experience required.Organization:
H0473 CWM Center for the ArtsEmployee Status:
Sep 20, 2023, 11:44:28 AM