The Medical Education Data Analyst supports and manages processes for learner assessments, program evaluation, and other activities for Assessment and Quality Improvement at the University of Houston Tilman J. Fertitta College of Medicine. These activities support collecting data to provide evidence regarding the educational program in the College of Medicine. Reports to the Assistant Dean for Assessment and Quality Improvement (ADAQI).
- Collaborates with the ADAQI and Director of Assessment and Accreditation Services to manage the processes for learner assessments.
- Assists in building learner assessments with subject matter experts and faculty.
- Provides instruction and technical assistance to faculty in the use of assessment resources.
- Collects, surveys, and reports the results of learner assessments highlighting any areas that need additional review.
- Manages the processes for distribution and collection of program evaluation instruments (PEIs) including course, clerkship, and elective evaluations, evaluations of faculty, evaluations of learners, educational programmatic surveys, alumni surveys, and program director surveys.
- Provides instruction and technical assistance to faculty, staff, students, and other appropriate personnel on the use of PEIs.
- Reviews data from PEIs to ensure completeness, appropriateness of narrative comments, and other potential deficiencies in the data from PEIs.
- Reports and assists in mitigation of deficits identified in PEIs.
- Compiles preliminary reports, including visualization of the collected data from PEIs.
Assists in development of reports based on PEI data. Compiles standardized reports based on learner assessment and PEI data for internal use (e.g., Curriculum Committee) or for reporting to external agencies (e.g., the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) and Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)). Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
DescriptionBachelors and 3 years experience (Master's Degree Preferred)
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Preferred: Master's Degree in education (e.g., curriculum and instruction, learning and design, higher education, measurement and quantitative methods).Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.Preferred: Experience with educational data, legal protected data (e.g., FERPA, HIPAA), data management and data visualization.Certification/Licensing: None.Organization:
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Department is willing to accept education in lieu of experience.
H0096 Medical EducationEmployee Status:
Sep 18, 2023, 5:32:56 PM