OrganizationPostdoctoral Researcher - Rechargeable Sodium Ion Batteries - Dr. Yan Yao, Electrical & Computer Engineering
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Postdoctoral Researcher to join our team and contribute to the advancement of rechargeable sodium ion batteries. As a Postdoc, you will be responsible for conducting innovative research on the design, synthesis, and characterization of sodium-based materials for battery applications. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits package. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic research environment and contribute to the development of sustainable energy storage solutions.General Description:
Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
· Design and synthesis of novel electrode materials for rechargeable sodium ion batteries.· Characterization of material properties using advanced techniques such as XAS, XRD, TEM, and electrochemical measurements.· Optimization of battery performance through electrode engineering and electrolyte formulation.· Investigation of reaction mechanisms and degradation processes in sodium-based battery systems.· Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to develop scalable and efficient battery prototypes. EEO/AA
PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, or a related field with a focus on energy storage; No experience necessary.
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed No experience is required.Preferred Qualifications:
Strong background in electrochemistry, battery materials, and energy storage systems.Experience in materials synthesis, characterization, and electrochemical testing.Proficiency in relevant analytical tools and techniques.Track record of scientific publications in reputable journals.Excellent problem-solving, communication, and teamwork skills.Organization:
H0070 Electrical EngineeringEmployee Status:
Sep 20, 2023, 10:44:53 AM