INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Directs an ongoing university program to ensure that prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with its mission and/or specified objectives. Prepares short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops and administers methods, strategies and procedures for meeting program objectives; directs and oversees the daily activities of staff members.
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget and ensures that expenditures are within budget allocation.
- Directs and coordinates personally, or through subordinate personnel, activities concerned with carrying out the objectives of the program.
- Directs the preparation of and reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objectives; modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attains objectives.
- Analyzes trends within program areas, maintaining expert awareness of program information and change needs.
- Formulates, implements, and maintains appropriate policies and procedures concerning program administration.
- Manages and administers grant for program, including meetings, communication coordination, scholarships and other operations.
- May prepare or participate in the preparation of proposals to obtain grants from state and federal agencies, and private foundation sponsors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Program Director 1, Digital Media
About the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design
Since 1945, design has remained the foundation of our studies at the University of Houston Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design. Located in the fourth largest city of the United States and one of the most diverse design communities in the country, the Hines College offers students a platform of integrated disciplines through top-ranked programs in architecture, interior architecture, industrial design, and environmental design. We strive to produce designers who are skilled in their craft, capable of using advanced technology and methods of industrialized production, and understand the power of design to shape communities throughout the world.
Additional Posting Information:
- Participates as a member of the College marketing, communications, and external relations team to develop and enhance the College's reputation through strategic and effective efforts targeting internal and external constituencies.
- Works closely with staff, faculty, and students to collaboratively develop content reflecting and promoting the Hines College’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Leads communication efforts across current and emerging digital media platforms within the College, supporting student, faculty, and staff initiatives.
- Enhances the user experience, design, and compatibility of the College’s websites and manages all content appearing online.
- Manages the College’s comprehensive social media strategy, curating both daily content, promotional strategies, and long-term campaigns.
- Coordinates and executes all the College’s external and internal e-communications.
- Creates content and manages the College’s internal digital signage.
- Builds creative designs for printed collateral, signage, advertisements, emails, websites, and social sites (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Threads, Flickr, YouTube).
- Develops digital and print publications, including, but not limited to, magazines, annual reports, and program brochures.
- Creates video content from conception to the end product, including planning, shooting, and producing video spots, editing video content, and reviewing with key stakeholders before distribution.
- Works with student organizations to facilitate communication and promote news and events.
- Leverages monitoring and reporting tools to define key engagement metrics and grow audience; tracks project success and compiles detailed reports showing trends and insights across media platforms.
- Manages marketing and communications staff supporting digital content creation.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Premiere.
- Navigates University brand guidelines and creatively works within these guidelines to develop original content utilizing brand standards in new ways.
- Demonstrates photography shooting and editing skills.
- Necessary qualifications for success in this position include the capacity to be a self-starter who operates with urgency, focus, and discipline, the ability to multi-task between assignments (i.e. organizational skills), detail-oriented: quality and precision-focused, and excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal).
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred.
The following documents are required:
Applicants failing to include all requested documentation will risk consideration for the position.
- Complete UH application with salary history
- Cover letter indicating candidate’s interest and how candidate’s experience applies to the job posting
- Three professional references; the hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors. The Hines College will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted after interviewing process has been completed.
H0024 Dean, Architecture and DesignEmployee Status:
Sep 20, 2023, 10:20:51 AM