Manages the day-to-day operations of a large university program or department, including the supervision of staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a large or complex department or program.
- Manages fiscal activities, including procurement and budget analysis.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information: Will supervise student internsDevelop internship opportunitiesAssist chair with developing relations with donorsOrganize annual fundraiser and other major eventsEEO/AA
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
Desired Qualifications: Event planning experienceAbility to manage and motivate a team and set an agenda for excellence while articulating goals and expectations to execute plans successfullyDemonstrates strong analytical, problem-solving, multitasking, and organizational skills with a focus on detailDemonstrates ability to organize tasks, compete work, and meet deadlinesKnowledge of African-American StudiesOrganization:
H0094 African-American StudiesEmployee Status:
Sep 19, 2023, 10:46:01 AM