Support StaffPay Grade:
12Major Administrative Unit / College:
Information Technology ServicesDepartment:
Msu It Enterprise Services 40000482Sub Area:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Information Technology, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union, Remote-Friendly
The Office of Financial Aid provides access, aid, and advisory services for the MSU Community to facilitate student recruitment, enrollment, and retention at Michigan State University. The position will report to the Financial Aid Development Manager and will primarily perform the following duties:
• Supports business office information technology, websites, and content for a large, dynamic office.
• Builds and maintains web applications utilizing scripting, enterprise databases, operational data stores, and customized data queries to provide specialized reports often with a short turnaround time.
• Prepares and sends client communications to identified populations.
• Meets with customers independently and in partnership with business and technical analysts and technologists determining business functional technology needs to build, test, and deploy successful solutions.
• Provides first and second level diagnostic support to customers for technical issues. Resolves routine problems independently and with minimal guidance, effectively escalating complex issues.
• Identifies, designs, tests, and implements approved process functional and technical enhancements.
Michigan State University (MSU) is a top 100 global university located in East Lansing, three miles east of the state’s capitol. The MSU community includes more than 12,000 faculty, academic and support staff, as well as 50,000 students. MSU offers an extensive benefits package to its employees including health care, prescription, and dental coverage, and a base retirement program with a University matching contribution, as well as basic life insurance. In addition, MSU offers educational benefits including a course fee courtesy program and educational assistance.
MSU Information Technology provides the primary leadership for strategic, financial, and policy initiatives affecting information technology (IT) across MSU. MSU IT offers technology resources that support MSU’s mission of providing education, conducting research, and advancing engagement.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are essential elements, vital to the culture MSU Information Technology endeavors to cultivate. This includes providing opportunities and access for all people which incorporate differences of race, age, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, migratory status, disability/abilities, political affiliation, veteran status, and socioeconomic background.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; experience with web application development in a cross-platform environment; experience in obtaining and understanding business requests; ability to explain technical details to non-technical customers; experience in analysis, design, creation, test and implementation of business systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Web design/support experience in a multi-coder environment.
- Experience with SQL or Oracle enterprise- level databases.
- Experience with object-oriented languages, C#/Java/Groovy, source control.
- Ability to interact and manage expectations.
- Analytical experience of complex application and data relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and project timing.
- Demonstrated ability to document complex systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume and cover letter.
Three professional references knowledgeable of your work.
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Bidding eligibility ends on 9/26/2023 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Sep 20, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 10, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time