SDSU Global Campus International Team Student Assistant
The salary range for this position is $16.30 per hour and is non-neogotiatable.
SDSU Global Campus strives to be a global leader in providing innovative education programs that transform lives locally and internationally. Our mission is to deliver innovative educational experiences to all learners through credit and non-credit academic and special programs for individuals and groups at various times, in myriad locations, and via different modalities throughout the year.
The American Language Institute (ALI) provides language training to international students, teacher training for adults, and programs that allow international students to attend credit courses at SDSU.
Purpose of the Position
The Student Assistant assists the international programs team of SDSU Global Campus with daily office operation (front desk), program operations, market research, digital marketing, student recruitment and communication. In particular, student assistant will support the digital recruitment efforts, including but not limited to creating related contents to promote SDSU and its programs on social media platforms, such as TikTok, to engage future and current students.Student Recruitment Support (40%)
- Assist with executing the SDSU Global Campus international social media strategy, such as creating and posting related content, monitoring and responding to comments and messages
- Support the development of marketing materials
Administrative Support 25%):
- Respond to international student questions regarding housing, student life, etc.
- Handle inquiries from phone calls, and ALI LiveChat, take messages and forward to appropriate staff to further follow up
- Support the lead nurturing process of various programs
International Program Support (30%)
- Assist with maintaining a professional office appearance
- Provide excellent customer services to visitors, including staff members, students, and guests
- Perform basic reception functions such as directing calls, operating on standard office equipment, processing mails
All Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
- Assist with various during program orientation and graduation ceremony
- Assist with student advising to the Undergraduate Pathway Program
- Provide support for program-related projects needed by program directors
Minimum Experience___________________________________________Knowledge and Abilities
- Current enrollment as an undergraduate student at SDSU
Desired Qualifications and Special Skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of cross-cultural understanding and sensitivity.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential documents and information.
- Experienced in using TikTok, Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google G-Suite.
- Well organized, ability to effectively multi-task, ability to prioritize work, problem-solve, make decisions and meet scheduled deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-environment, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication; Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills.
___________________________________________ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION:
- Ability to communicate (speaking and writing) in Chinese
- Office work experience, which provides the above knowledge and abilities.
- Ability to work long-term (one academic year or longer)
- Photography/video editing/graphic design skills
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/15902/sdsu-global-campus-international-team-student-assistant/job?in_iframe=1
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
- Candidate must reside in California or live in a commutable distance from SDSU at the time of hire.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency