PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Student Health & Wellness Services)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Close/First Review Date:
Evergreen Valley College
The Program Specialist (Student Health & Wellness Services) reports to the Director of Student Services at Evergreen Valley College. The work schedule is 12 months per year; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Program Specialist (Student Health & Wellness Services) is grant funded and contingent upon yearly funding.
This position is represented by CSEA (California School Employees Association), Chapter 363. POSITION PURPOSE
Under the direction of an assigned administrator, coordinate a large number of activities within a special program ranging from recruitment to producing handouts and marketing materials and providing information to student participants. Functional direction may be provided by a Counselor or Instructor assigned to the program. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in the coordination and implementation of program activities.
2. Conduct community outreach, including public presentations and expanding and maintaining a community network, both on and off campus; presentations to be to both student groups and community members.
3. Produce and disseminate communication materials.
4. Plan and organize orientations and events.
5. Attend a variety of program-related functions on and off campus.
6. Coordinate general front office activities including referring students to appropriate locations, answering the phones, assisting in preparing reports and program correspondence.
7. Collect and assemble statistical data regarding program activities and achievements.
8. Maintain program accounts and perform regular bookkeeping activities.
9. Provide general administrative support to the program.
10. Learn and follow program policies and procedures.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge of:
1. Office administrative practices and procedures including filing and the operation of standard office equipment, particularly personal and online computers and appropriate application software - MS Office suite of applications, Internet browsers. Skills and Ability to:
1. Ability to demonstrate success in communicating effectively before diverse audiences, establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships, speak and write clearly in English, and work with attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Associate’s degree.
2. Two years of related experience.
1. Experience with Mental Health & Wellness initiatives.
2. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
District’s Diversity Requirements
Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced
Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District’s hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
$67,877 - $82,851 Annual Salary (Range 89: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2022-2023). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 20 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% – AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District’s emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency