Director, Business Operations for Men's Basketball (5173U), Intercollegiate Athletics - 59356
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan
At UC Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in professional development activities. To find out more about how you can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit grow.berkeley.edu
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Director of Business Operations who will work with the department's Men's Basketball team.
Description of Position:
The Director of Business Operations for Men's Basketball will provide administrative support for all Men's Basketball program activities. The incumbent will assist with planning, scheduling, recruiting, student managers, budgeting, and coordinating travel among other responsibilities. This position will assist the Director of Operations for Men's Basketball and the coaching staff with other projects as assigned.Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 3, 2023Responsibilities
- Manages business needs for the team.
- Submits, tracks, and follows up on purchase requests.
- Manages travel expense report process for coaches and follows up with Accounts Payable on status of reimbursements.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of sport operations budget.
- Reviews monthly expenditure reports and works with budget analyst to identify and resolve areas of concern.
- General office management, including coordinates all incoming phone calls and mail for office, purchasing office supplies, scheduling all staff meetings (including academic meetings), and assists with scheduling gym time for practices.
- Coordinates coaches' travel for all recruiting trips and works with Travel staff to ensure all arrangements are booked.
- Also coordinates all travel arrangements (flights, transportation, hotel, restaurants, etc.) for official visits for recruiting trips.
- Manages compliance requirements for coaching staff, such as CARA logs, time management plans, team calendar, financial aid processing, and admissions requests.
- Bachelor's degree is required and equivalent training/experience.
- Problem-solving skills and effective listening skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to work with frequent interruptions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of basketball.
- Understanding of NCAA compliance rules as they relate to Men's Basketball.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Pacific-12 Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Salary & Benefits
- Previous experience working in sports operations.
- Demonstration of high levels of energy, creativity, and initiative.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University, please visit the University of California's Compensation & Benefits
Under California law, the University of California, Berkeley is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary outside of the range posted in this job announcement. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, analysis of internal equity, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience.
The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is $60,000.00 - $70,000.00.
How to Apply
- This is a 12-month, 100% full-time (40 hours per week), contract position that is eligible for full UC benefits with the possibility of extension.
- This position is exempt and paid monthly.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.Driving Required
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.Mandated Reporter
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant, please see the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, please see the University of California Discrimination, Harassment, and Affirmative Action in the Workplace
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=59356&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency