Student Assistant - Herbert Wertheim College Of Medicine Location:
Modesto A. Maidique Campus Regular/Temporary: Full/Part Time: Job ID:
About FIU Florida International University is a top public university
that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Student Assistant to join their team of professionals.
Duties to include:
- Responding quickly, competently and courteously to general questions and inquiries in person, telephone and email
- Assist faculty with preparing documents and support
- Assist with coordinating and facilitating activities regarding the department
- Serves as a liaison between University departments
- Assist with administrative aspects of the research process
- Requires prior completion of FIU Service Excellence training or completion within first 30 days.
- Customer service knowledge
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Basic level of Microsoft Word.
- None to basic Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to take direction and work independently as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a student at FIU with a minimum of six (6) credits as an Undergraduate student or three (3) credits as a Graduate student during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- During the Summer semesters, Students need only remain enrolled and are not required to take credit hours, but cannot have graduated.
- Upon decreasing credit hours or graduating, student employment must end.
Hours will vary based on class schedule and needs of the department
Criminal Background Check
This student appointment may be subjected to a pre-employment background check.
Student Background Checks Extended Background Check is required if the job includes any of the following responsibilities. Some may also require a Fingerprint Check:
Yes or No
Will the position provide unsupervised direct care, treatment, education, training, instruction, supervision, or recreation to vulnerable populations such as minors, the elderly, or those with disabilities? (Fingerprint Check required)NoWill the position work within a Child Care center, medical facilities, etc. (Requires DCF Clearinghouse at a cost)NoWill the position work in a university sponsored Summer Camp? (Requires DCF Clearinghouse at a cost)?NoWill the position require entering any K-12 schools? (Requires public school system clearance)NoWill the position perform fiscal duties to include budgeting, accounting, or having direct access to cash, checks, gift cards and/or credit/debit cards to include making and/or receiving payments?NoWill the position have control over university-wide operational processes through functional roles or system security access (Information technology related functions, e.g., Web/Application Developer, IT Technician, Data/Systems Analysts etc.)?NoWill the position drive a university vehicle (including using the golf cart)? (MVR Check only)NoWill the position travel with student athletes to events?NoIs this designated as a position of special trust, responsibility, and sensitive location (Museums, Housing Residential Life, NFSTC, and working with and around minors etc.)?NoWill the position have system access to process payments, print or distribute checks, process corrections, or generate, update, or approve financial transactions that will result in the disbursement of university funds? (Office of Financial Aid, One Stop, or Office of the Registrar (Title IV access)No
Will this position work within the following units that provide health and human services: College of Medicine, College of Nursing, Health Sciences, Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, School of Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics & Nutrition, Student Health, Psychology, Center for Children & Families? Office of Inspector General (OIG) Checks (Global Watch only)
YesWill the position support university sponsored research? (May require Research Extended Background Check)No