Hofstra University is nationally ranked and recognized as Long Island’s largest private university located in Hempstead, N.Y. When you work at Hofstra, you join a team of talented professionals committed to preparing students for the challenges of tomorrow, in an environment that cultivates learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. The work we do at Hofstra supports the education and well-being of our students, and the workforce of the future. While working towards this mission, employees can take advantage of many enriching experiences on campus. Whether it’s a lunchtime lecture, a Division I NCAA athletics game, a musical concert, a theatre performance, or a visit to one of our two accredited museums, there is always something exciting to do at Hofstra. Enjoy the ease of going to the fitness center, taking a swim, or grabbing a bite to eat without having to leave our beautiful campus! Hofstra University is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse academic community of students, faculty, staff, and administrators respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.Position Title:
Assistant Dean, Undergraduate AdmissionPosition Number:
Student Enrollment, Engagement, and Success - Undergraduate AdmissionFull-Time or Part-Time:
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Admission, the Assistant Dean handles all aspects of admissions and recruiting for Undergraduate Admission in the Office of Enrollment Management. Candidates must be willing and able to organize and handle all aspects of administration and adhere to the rules and regulations of Hofstra University, the Colonial Athletic Conference, and the NCAA. Additional hours required on evenings and weekends in support of special projects, travel, and events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Travels domestically to visit high schools and attend college day/night programs.
- Conducts interviews with prospective students.
- Reviews applications to provide admission recommendations.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Valid driver’s license required for travel to off campus events.
- Minimum of 1 year prior admissions experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with computerized admissions and financial aid systems such as Ellucian Banner and Slate.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Open Until FilledDate Posted:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.Salary/Salary Range: